Font control within parent and child themes

I have an issue with font control. I have FrameMarket installed and regardless of the child theme being used, on my home page I still see the default FrameMarket styling (at least that's what I think it is) for both the store item headers and descriptions. However, when I click on an item, the correct child theme styles show up on the page for that item. Can someone explain what's going on and how I can override the parent theme styling on the home page? Many thanks in advance!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Just to clarify something first: FrameMarket is a parent theme and GridMarket is a child theme supplied with it.

At the moment the link you have provided shows a sub-site with the GridMarket child theme activated.

So, can you tell me where you have changed the font and what you expected to change?

Thanks,
    Phil

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I changed the header and body font under "Theme specific stylings" in the GridMarket Theme Options. (See attached pic).

I expected that all header and body fonts for my sub-site would change. This is true for text-only pages but not true for pages with MP products displayed. Currently, my home page for the sub-site is a static Page set with MP products listed in ascending order using a shortcode, and the fonts on this page have not changed.

(I doubt it's relevant but just to clarify: my sub-sites are subdirectories not subdomains. The store.domain.com subdomain is my multiuser test site.)

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK, never mind.. I found out what the problem was. When I cut and pasted a product listing shortcode from a response you gave me in another support post, it appears that the styling remained intact within the text editor. The solution was simply to use the default styling.

Case closed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.