Social Theme: Font type/size and translation

Hi there,
I need some help here !

"Number 1" (attached file) - how can I change the picture size ?

"Number 2" (attached file):
* How can I change the font, font size and add some paragraphs?
* which po/mo file I have to edit to translate that words to br-portugese ?

"Number 3" (attached file):
* which po/mo file I have to edit to translate that words to br-portugese ?

Thank you very much,
Rodrigo

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for posting to our Forum.

I've been looking at the Social Theme and its core files to see where you can make the necessary feature changes, if not from the Admin Panel. I found the following folder with some Style Sheets in it that might answer your Question 2A:

After unzipping the downloaded Theme File: 66709_buddypress-social-theme-1.3.4 » bp-social » _inc » css » Various CSS Documents

I think Question 1 can also be resolved by find the place within the CSS files where the size has been set.

For Question 2B and 3 I would recommend you start by looking at the files within the languages folder (66709_buddypress-social-theme-1.3.4 » bp-social » languages).

I hope this information was useful. I will keep the Theme Developer flagged, so he can verify whether my answer is correct.

I will resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

• r.c.almeida
    • Flash Drive

Hello WPMUDEV team,
    About question 2b: solved !
    I changed the code in wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/lib/templates/wp-template/top-bar.php

Already would like to change the font, font size and add some paragraphs ("Number 2" (attached file).

Cheers,
    Rodrigo

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rodrigo,

Just checking in to see where we are with your ticket.

Have your three issues all been resolved?

If they have Happy Days and no need to reply.

If not please feel free to mark this ticket as not resolved below and give us an update of where we are at with the issues.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, but since your post was resolved I overlooked it.

For Question No 1, please go to the base.css, line no 279 and 287 and make the changes to the size there. Currently the actual image is 490 x 240 px with the border set as 480 x 260 px.

Code to look out for:

#img-code {
        border: 10px solid #FFFFFF;
        height: 260px;
        overflow: hidden;
        width: 480px;
    }

.home-featured-code .feat-img {
        float: left;
        height: 300px;
        margin: 0;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 0;
        width: 500px;
    }

For Question No 2, please go to the base.css, line no 308 and 316 and make the changes to the size of the font there.

.home-intro h1 {
        color: #16223A;
        font-size: 22px;
        margin: 0 0 10px;
        width: 100%;
    }

.home-intro p {
        color: #333333;
        font-size: 13px;
        line-height: 18px;
        width: 100%;
    }

To change the font of the theme, please look out for code in the base.css file mentioning the font-family like in the code example below:

body {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
        color: #777777;
        font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans",sans-serif;
        font-size: 11px;
        line-height: 18px;
    }
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        color: #333333;
        font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans",sans-serif;
    }

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

I created some screenshots of the Social Theme Settings where you can also easily make some of the changes.

I think this will resolve your questions. I will close this thread, but if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

I was a bit confused by your last post, until I looked very closely on your screenshot at the location of No 2 (had to zoom in too much to see what is there) and found that this is the message that appears when a user is logged in/ already registered, so the screenshot that I provided above won't apply to this text/ links.

Is it possible to provide me with a link to your site? I need to check exactly where you can make the changes to those links to let it be displayed below each other and not in the same line.

Otherwise I will have to do a bit of testing on my own sandbox and will let you know the results at the earliest.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

Hope you're well.

With regards to your request to have the menu items after logging in all below each other.

I logged in via FB and now I know exactly what you were talking about. Just need to find the exact place to make the changes to the code - this requires a bit of custom coding so I need to make 100% sure I'm giving you the correct information. Allow me some time to get back to you on where to make these changes. I have to consult with a developer.

Thank you for your patience and all the best with your site!

Have a good day.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Rodrigo

Apologies for not responding sooner. The Developer for this Theme is no longer with us, but we're expecting a new one to be stepping in from next week. However, I don't expect to get an answer immediately so I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you require anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

All the best!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.