Footer Content Plugin is not showing the content on network blogs

Hello!
Our WordPress is Multisite WordPress and the idea is to get same footer content across the network and all blogs. I've installed the Footer Content Plugin, but the footer content is not showing in blogs. It is showing only in the footer of the main blog. How can get it work in all network blogs so that the content updates are needed to be done in only one place?

Thanks in advance!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello HAMK verkkoviestintä,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Footer Content" plugin should be adding the same additional footer to all the sites across the Network but it's possible that either some other plugin (or theme) is conflicting with it or some additional CSS may be required.

Do all sub-sites use the same theme or are the themes different? Does the issue applies to all sub-sites or on some of them that footer is displayed? Let me know please.

I'd also like to take a closer look at your setup so would you mind granting me a support access to it? In order to do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• HAMK Web Team

Hi!
    Thank you for your reply! The support access is now granted for you, so feel free to take a closer look.
    Here are the snswers to your questions:
    1) Yes, all sub-sites use the same theme
    2) Issue applies to all sub-sites (there are 3 of them for the moment)

Also as I understood after installing the plugin, the text appears under the <footer> (in our case black area) area of the page. Is it possible to get it situated inside the footer area? Or do you have any other plugin for publishing the same widget content across the network and sub-sites?

• Dimitris

Hey there HAMK Web Team,

I trust you're well today and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I'm afraid there's been a misinterpretation by my colleague Adam here. The Footer Content should be set in a per-site basis and can't be handled globally. You should navigate into each subsite dashboard, go to Appearance -> Footer Content and insert the content you want.

Also as I understood after installing the plugin, the text appears under the <footer> (in our case black area) area of the page. Is it possible to get it situated inside the footer area?

This would require some custom coding, specific to the theme that you're going to use, as the Footer Content plugin has been built as a non theme-specific solution, simply by displaying content to the very bottom of every page. You may want to use our Jobs&Pros section for this custom development.

Or do you have any other plugin for publishing the same widget content across the network and sub-sites?

There isn't any global widget plugin of ours, as it will mainly had the downside of theme compatibility like I mentioned before. Please take notice that themes are registering sidebars, in which widgets can be used. Without knowing if there's a footer sidebar, or how it's being called, you can't have a global widget set in it. Hope that makes sense! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.