Footer Help

How do I remove the footer on BlogsMU? The one that says:

Provided by WPMU DEV – The WordPress Experts | Go back to top

I’d prefer to use the: Enabled 4-Column Footer instead.

Thank you!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello pmcreations,

The ideal way to edit theme is to use Child Themes. All our Themes come with Child themes (inside a folder /themes/ in the download).

Using child themes will make sure that all changes you do are carried over during theme updates.

So here is what I have done. Its attached.

I copied the footer.php to the child theme folder. The files in the child theme are given preference.

All you need to do is, download the attached child theme, and install it like any other WordPress theme and activate it.

Search for “your Footer” in footer.php and you will find something like this:

<?php _e('This is', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?> <a href="http://yourlink.org" title="Your Title"><?php _e("Your Footer",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#top-bg"><?php _e('Go back to top &uarr;', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>

Editing it will give you your custom footer.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

• mirajestudios
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi pmcreations.

Try logging into wordpress dashboard. Go to Appearances. Editor. Looks for the file called: footer.php

That will show you the code for your footer. Also, I believe WP DEV has a plugin floating around here. That allows you to edit/modify your themes footer. I will have to go and search for it.

Take Care. Hope this points you in the right direction. Del @ MirajeStudios.com

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

To remove it completely, open up your footer.php (preferably in the child theme) and remove this:

<div class="alignright">
    <?php _e('This is', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?> <a href="http://yourlink.org" title="Your Title"><?php _e("Your Footer",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#top-bg"><?php _e('Go back to top &uarr;', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>
    </div>

Somewhere around line 112. That should do it :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello pmcreations,

I hope that Arun’s suggestion has got you fixed here.

Also, I would like to let you know that we have released a new updated version of Blogs MU theme. So I would suggest you to keep a note of all the changes you have made as you might have to redo it once you update the theme.

Alternatively, I would suggest you to use child themes :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pmcreations,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.