Footer keeps reverting to Fixer default.

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure why if the header, with it's custom menu, is automatically applied to new pages, the footer does not behave in the same way. I have had to manually change the footer on every page.

Only having done that, it keeps reverting to the default. If I have the same page open in Upfront, I can recover it by saving again. But I have just changed pages and it has reverted again and when I go back to edit the page, all my changes are gone.

I think that there is a database problem as it's possible to edit a page from within Upfront or using the "old-fashioned" WordPress way. I must confess I have found myself doing both to copy in formatting using the old way.

Changing the database from two different points is clearly dangerous and I assume that's why certain functionality has been closed off in Upfront. But I will want my client to use the regular WP way as it's much more stable and allows a standard format better (they'll only be adding posts anyway, not pages).

I currently have support access open on a separate issue (editing contact forms) so I would appreciate a look, please - I clearly cannot finalise and publish the site until the footer is stable!

Thanks,
Arthur

Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Arthur,

Hope you're doing well today

I did some testing on your site and what I noticed is once I opened your Servicio page the footer section didn't appear as global, so I removed it and added global footer section. Now all changes I made for example on home page were also visible on Servicio page.

Can you try doing this for all pages that are having issue so we can if this was just a temporary issue?

Thank you,
    Predrag

Arthur

Thanks, Predrag
    Yes, I have just discovered the "global " setting and was experimenting with that before I had to go out earlier. It seems to be working now except for the "blog " page (I used this template to create the Maquinaria Usada page as the client will use posts to publish details of used machines for sale).

It seems to work for creating new pages, but then the custom CSS doesn't appear to work and I can't edit settings like post date/author and comment count...

I have to go out again soon, but if you could perhaps have a look at that page.

Thanks!
    Arthur

Arthur

Ok, I've replaced the "blog " page (Maquinaria Usada) with a new page which uses the new global regions. That was fine but the individual posts were still using the default footers. So I've replaced the existing test ones too and all seems to be working ok now.

I can also edit the posts in the standard WP way, which is necessary to change certain things like post author and the title is invisible in Upfront. Also you cannot set the featured image. However, the two database entry methods seem to be playing ball at the moment - I hope that continues! Please keep an eye on this, though, guys!

There still seems to be quite a bit of instability, generally, for example, the above blog/used machinery page once again reverted the pre-footer to the default. Fortunately, the Products page was still using localised footers, so I converted that to global and it replaced it on the other pages.

Also, the logo at the bottom keeps disappearing and the only way to get it back is to click on the image within Upfront, click OK then save. But with every save there is always the danger of things reverting...

I'm going to leave this open for a while longer as I'm not convinced it's over. The instability alone means the issue remains unresolved.

But at least I don't have to abandon Upfront as the way of working and allowing us all to become theme designers is phenomenal. Definitely the future of WordPress!

By the way, just gave you guys a top rating on TrustPilot. My small way of thanking you. The community rocks too

Cheers!

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Arthur,

Glad to manage to find a solutions for those issues, and thanks for sharing your steps.

Featured image is currently not included in Fixer by design but we are considering including this in future, for now you can add image element and save it only for that post.

And thanks for your rating, it really means a lot to us when our customers are happy

I'll subscribe to this thread so if you require any additional help in future I'll be right with you

Best regards,
    Predrag