Footer menu giving me 'Fatal Error' message when clicked

I'm using UpFront and installed a footer menu, established the links with the pages listed on the menu but it isn't working.

I'm getting a Fatal Error message on every one of the pages I click on.

The address is: http://jackaboutcomputers.com

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jack,

Thanks for granting access!

I noticed that error in your dashboard:

The Page Cache add-in file advanced-cache.php is not a W3 Total Cache drop-in. It should be removed.

I believe it's a kind of "left-over" from either one of the older W3 Total Cache releases or from WP Super cache. There's an option to remove it but since support access wouldn't let me fix anything in case it didn't work, could you please try removing it yourself? I suppose this may be affecting the site.

Give it a shot please and let me know if it helped! Please remember also to purge all W3 Total Cache cache once the file is removed and then check the site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jack!

In order to purge/empty W3 Total Cache find a "Performance" link in your admin toolbar, hover cursor over it and click on "Empty all caches" link in the drop-down menu there. This will empty all possible caches that W3 Total Cache had filled.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jack
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Adam.

I did try purging the caches, but that did not help.

I thought what I'd do is just manually configure the menus later, so I went on to begin setting up the sign-up process. When I click on 'View pages' I get the following fatal error message.

There is something wrong with line 348 'Call to undefined function'.

This only happens with pages that I change from the Parrot theme, as some of those pages are viewable since I've yet to touch them (like the About page and the Contact page). There is something I'm doing when I change these pages.

This is the message I get......

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jack,

There's something not stopping Upfront working properly on your site, I tried creating new page via Upfront editor but the publish button never loaded so I had to publish the page from admin section since it was shown in there as draft.

Upfront editor is still loading even on pages with error so I'm not sure what's causing issues on backend.

Can you try disabling your plugins so we can see if there's any conflict on that end?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jack
    • Flash Drive

I have disabled all plugins and updated them.

I noticed back some other WPMU members had the same issue last month. One of them required an update for their Marketpress plugin (which I don't have).

Should I switch themes here? How do I update UpFront or Parrot?

Is there someone around there I can pay to help get this website up if I provide the images and design ideas? I really need to get this thing going.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jack,

Apologies for the delay here, sorry to hear above suggestion didn't work for you.

There's no need to update Upfront now since you already have latest version installed.

You can update the plugins and themes directly from your dashboard on our site:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/dashboard/my-websites/

As for this issue, could you provide us with FTP access so we can investigate this further and check what could be causing this issue?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jack,

I don't recall this kind of issue being reported as specific Parrot problem.

Could you try downloading the Parrot theme again from the plugin page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/parrot/ and then install it via FTP, this will make sure that all the files are copied correctly as it might be that there was some king of hickup during the initial installation which ended with theme not being properly installed.

Let me know if that makes any difference.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.