Footer Widget is below the WPMU DEV footer copy--strange

This seems strange, but the footer widget is below the footer copy that says "WPMU DEV - The WordPress ExpertsCopyright ©2011 Ultimate Abstract of New YorkGo back to top ?" Shouldn't that copy be at the very BOTTOM of the page and BELOW the footer widget? Is there a way to get the footer widget above that footer copy?

• Jack
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think it depends on which style you are using. You can find the appropriate file to edit in this folder /library/components/folder/

You'll want to find something similar to these two lines
    <div id="footer"><?php locate_template( array( '/library/components/footer_widgets.php' ), true ); ?>
    and
    <?php locate_template( array( '/library/components/option_footerlinks.php' ), true ); ?>

Make sure they are in the order you want and test it out.

• dhenry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, David. I'm with you...i don't think it's meant o be displayed like that. The footer widget should be above that footer (which should be at the very bottom). I'll look forward to what the developer has to say.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It doesn't have to be at the bottom at all the design is so that the footer widgets are the last thing. There is no right or wrong with this it's just about design. We won't be changing it as part of the design I'm afraid.

There is no rule that a footer widget has to be above a footer end or that you can't have links before widgets, this is purely a matter of design. We have as been mentioned other designs in the holder theme that don't have this you can use one of those or using the child themes create a footer for yourself you prefer. We can help you with that as support child themeing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.