For Adam - FB Like Box discussion

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for your response - I tried a 'Like' or 'Fan' page and it worked, so the original page, 'Mega Micro' is actually a Friend page. So friend pages don't work on Fixer?

Just another question about placing a comment at the end of an article:

I have created 'recent update' articles from sub-pages instead of blog pages, just a preference. However, I'd like to include a Comment box underneath the end of each article for anyone to leave a comment. There is a Comment icon that I can drag across in the 'Draggable Elements', but when I place it on the page, the box comes up blank with just the words 'Discussion Settings' (of which I can get into and look at the settings and change them etc) but once thats done, nothing changes. When I look at it in preview, the box that I dragged over is completely blank. So I'm just wondering what gives with it.

cheers!

Terri

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Terri,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Just for future reference, it would be really great if you could share a link to the original thread in case you're referring to other post. Since there's many of us here, working in different time zones and places of the world, we're not always able to get in touch instantly (in "real time") and therefore it can be sometimes tricky to find out what's the post about :slight_smile: Thanks for understanding! Luckily, I was around at the moment :smiley:

Many thanks for your response - I tried a 'Like' or 'Fan' page and it worked, so the original page, 'Mega Micro' is actually a Friend page. So friend pages don't work on Fixer?

That would be right, except that it's not Fixer but Facebooks "Like box". Fixer is using an official widget from Facebook and they just don't allow this kind of content.

I have created 'recent update' articles from sub-pages instead of blog pages, just a preference. (...)
    When I look at it in preview, the box that I dragged over is completely blank. So I'm just wondering what gives with it.

By default discussion is disabled for paged (that's a WP setting) so the "Comment" box won't work. The "Settings" you're able to access from front-end Upfront editor do not affect this.

To enable comments for particular page you will want to access that page's edit screen via your dashboard ("All pages -> [Edit] for selected page"), click on "Screen options" tab at the top of the screen, check the "Discussion" check box there and then enable "Allow comments" option in "Discussion" box below post editor (still backend/dashboard).

Once this is done, the "Comment" element on front-end (including Upfront editor "Discussion settings") should work properly.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.