On recurring events, I'd love to do ordinal, day-of-the-week-wise ones forever.

Hello again!

I'm not sure if this is supported in this plug (I'm leaning toward 'not yet'), but this church has communion on the 1st Sunday of every month, and I'd like to be able to put that in recurring-ly. There may be a way already, but I don't find it in the documentation. Yet.

While I'm in "wish-mode", it'd be lovely to have an "ongoing" check box instead of putting in a date in the future. I popped in 2050 and it threw an error or made a choking sound or some such, so if the ongoing attribute isn't possible to bring about, please advise me as to what limits the future date for ending recurring events.

Thank you, you lovely people.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

Welcome to the Community!

We do have recurring and end date of recurring events :slight_smile:

I'll attach some picutres.

The way it works is similar to Google Calendar. I was able to get it to go to 2035 with no issues :slight_smile:

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @awemaker and @Kimberly also want to include @Vladislav in here as well.

@kimberly Thanks for your screen captures but not sure if that's going to work properly. I also have a need for recurring events that fall on a specific Day of the month (NOT DATE)

For example many organizations schedule their meetings for example on the 3rd Monday of every month. Or the 2nd Tuesday etc... So the date is different every month.

I also have some organizations that meet on the 1st and 3rd Wed. of every month.

So I'm not sure if that's doable with this latest release yet or not. I know that I had requested it some time ago but never heard anything more about it.

Hopefully this either already is (and I missed it) or will be soon as I'm struggling to get some new sources of income coming in and this online meeting and or event schedules seems to be a pretty big deal.

Especially for churches, Chambers etc...

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello Again @Kimberly and @Vladislav

I just downloaded the latest version and my screen doesn't give the day of the week drop down option as displayed in Kimberly's screen capture.

I've attached mine.

Also a weird thing is when I went to edit instances they all are dated for Jan of 1970, I loved the music (as I was a professional full time musician in the 70's and 80's) But feeling stuck in the 70's in literal here. LOL

Please advise if I've missed some setting or something.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean Kaus,

Thank you for showing us you were hooked on the seventies but what server is that on?

In addition, what version are you running - currently the plugin is WordPress 3.5 compatible and the latest version is version 1.5.1.1

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Man this is an old post as well. I totally forgot about it. Had a surgery so have been out of it for a while. Hope in a few weeks or so to be more active here as I recoup.

I'll try this plugin again in a week or so and see what happens.

@aecnu as you know my hosting services haven't been going so well. I lost all of the clients I had lined up while I was trying to get that WHMCS program installed and all of the other problems I had going. hopefully that will pick up as after basketball season I'll be basically unemployed again.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean Kaus,

Thank you for your additional input and yes the lengthy ordeal with WHMCS was just that and I am indeed happy that we got it functioning correctly after a lot of configuration hassle and ordeal.

I noticed you had not been in here in awhile and I am sure that the entire WPMU DEV crew wishes you a speedy recovery both from your hospital stay as well as your hosting business.

Sincerely, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we've not heard from you in a while.

If you're still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Timothy Bowers sorry for the unhelpful status report but usually before you mark a thread as solved need to properly make sure it was. as I mentioned just about a week ago that I would check it out in a week or so and its just been a week. Also if you noticed that the developer must have forgotten about this thread in it's entirety. Other than @aecnu The developer or no one else for that matter ever responded to say that the monthly or bi-monthly recurring events had in fact been resolved. As per my screen captures above there was no response so not sure ho this could have been resolved.

i've upgraded WP to the latest version as well as the plugin but all still seems to be the same old problem. I never did see a version like @Kimberly Lipari had and that would have been a closer deal than what I currently have.

Hopefully the developer can jump in here with an update.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I stand corrected about @Kimberly Lipari version. I'm actually running the 1.5.2 version of events plus. Possibly I'm missing something as when I select the recurring, if I select weekly then I do see the drop down as @Kimberly Lipari screen capture shows. However if I select monthly I get the attached screen capture. don't know what to list there. The majority of my clients either meet once a month or 2x per month. Always on the 1st and 3rd Wed, or the 3rd Wed of every month etc... Never the same date.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

@Timothy Bowers sorry for the unhelpful status report but usually before you mark a thread as solved need to properly make sure it was. as I mentioned just about a week ago that I would check it out in a week or so and its just been a week. Also if you noticed that the developer must have forgotten about this thread in it's entirety. Other than @aecnu The developer or no one else for that matter ever responded to say that the monthly or bi-monthly recurring events had in fact been resolved. As per my screen captures above there was no response so not sure ho this could have been resolved.

We have thousands of threads to deal with, the developer is not flagged to this thread as noted in my screenshot and as Joe was the last response with nothing further then general house keeping rules are to resolve the thread due to inactivity.

If I spent time reading every long thread like this then I wouldn't have time do my job and help others. That said, Joe told you to upgrade. You then said "I'll try this plugin again in a week or so and see what happens." nothing there saying you'll definitely be back to let us know and it'd been a week.

Further more the number of times a members says I'll try that next week and don't come back you've even seen it yourself on threads I have been involved in..... Then when we make a post similar to that which I made they come back. Should we leave them open for a year just in case? That would be a terrible backlog of open threads.

It stands to serve as much as a reminder to the member as it does for closing the thread where needed.

It takes two seconds to update and reopen as you did.

Using the @ is not the same as flagging a developer. So as the developer is not flagged by a staff member I'm not to know because I don't see it marked there.

Anyway my job's to help regardless of how people mark me even if it is just for doing my job, it matters not. :wink:

The field in your screenshot is for a day number, like the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, etc. But just with numbers to be clear, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. It won't do the X day of ever month.

Looking at your site code it seems you still have WordPress 3.4.2?

Did you read Joes post?

In addition, what version are you running - currently the plugin is WordPress 3.5 compatible and the latest version is version 1.5.1.1

We're now on 1.5.2 of Events.

Take care.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Timothy Bowers The site I am actively using or testing events+ isn't my personal business site. It is wsrg.biz and I do have the latest versions as of my last posting.

I don't recall who the developer is and haven't had the time or energy yet to follow up and catch up to see conversations that may have taken place in another thread about the topic of recurring appointments. Before I fell ill and had surgery (several months ago) I was under the impression that the ability for recurring events was in the works. With everything else going on I forgot about this plugin since I haven't been working on projects while recuperating. I think that it was a feature request at one time as well. But again my brain is still catching up.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the reply @Timothy Bowers Checking out your photo at first glance (the second glance as well) was wondering what was going on with the tongue? Then I was wondering if that was chocolate cake (or anything chocolate) I'm a chocoholic so I hope to avoid this photo. LOL

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.