Force Send notification

I can see how the manual notifications look. But what about the one from the notification tab? Maybe there is some code I can run to force MarketPress to send the email?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello goinfancy

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no button to test such notification in MarketPress and while there's a single function that sends these notifications, it's not that easy to make it actually work properly "out of context". By that, I mean the case where it's not really triggered by the specific even(s) related to an existing order.

The best way to test how those notifications work and look is to set payment gateway(s) used to the test/sandbox mode and just make a test purchase(s). That said, we have forwarded the question to our developers already but please note that it might take them longer to respond than it takes us on support forum and it might turn out that it would require custom coding.

However, I see that this could be quite useful tool so I have let myself to move this ticket to our "Features & Feedback" forum as a feature suggestion for future releases. Other Members will be able to vote for adding "test message" function and if the idea gets more support, our developers might implement it in future. I'm not able to make any promises at this point, though.

As for now, I'd strongly recommend the "test mode/sandbox" way as this would also let you make sure that chosen gateway(s) are actually working fine.

Also, I or my colleagues will update this ticket when we get an information back from developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Panos

Hi goinfancy ,

As Adam mentioned already this is not included in plugin's features and test the messages doing test orders.

I also prepared a custom mu-plugin which you may like to try out here:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/f6fcce9e661b0209bede0ef5324137ea

This is mostly to help you with your tests, but you are free do modify further to meet your needs.

You can download the file from the above link, unzip and upload the php file to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder (if that folder doesn't exist you can create it).

You need to have at least one order as it needs to get order info to include in the email body.

Once you confirm that you have uploaded file and have an order made, you will see a new admin submenu under the Store mane, called Preview Notifications

From there you can select the order id you want to fetch data from, the notification type (if it is for new order or order shipped ) and the email address to send it to.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.