Force users to select package before register.

Hi,

By default in PRO SITES when a user go to the register page it goes to a form, they create an account and a website for free and then after having the website ready they can upgrade to premium.

Is there a way to force the users to select one package before they register? Because in the home page I have information of different packages and the user gets confused because they can't select any packages at the beginning.

What options I have here?

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Jose

I hope you had a great weekend!

Unfortunately no. Pro Sites can only kick in once a site actually exists. So the user must first create the site, then select their upgrade level.

It may be a good idea to put all that package information on the Pro Site checkout page as well, so your users can easily see it when they go there to select the level they want.

You can also enable the Pay-to-Blog module to force users to select a paid package before they can access their site. Enabling that module will automatically redirect them to the Pro Site checkout page any time they try to access the site, until they do upgrade to one of your packages.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Jose
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you for the information.

And I have another question. I already changed the CSS(see image attached) but Is there a way to add the information below each package? How can I modify that page?

If I have to play with code, thats ok with me, just let me know what files control that page.

Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jose

I hope you are well today.

Please try the following code in your theme's footer.php after wp_footer():

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
      var store = '<p>store text</p>',
          pro_business = '<p>pro business text</p>',
          business = '<p>business text</p>',
          starter = '<p>starter text</p>';

$( "span:contains('$69.99')" ).closest('td').prev('td').append(store);
          $( "span:contains('$49.99')" ).closest('td').prev('td').append(pro_business);
          $( "span:contains('$19.99')" ).closest('td').prev('td').append(business);
          $( "span:contains('$0.00')" ).closest('td').prev('td').append(starter);
    });
    </script>

You still need to some css tweaks to make it nicer though.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Jose

I hope you're well today. :slight_smile:

Glad that that neat little snippet by @Ashok works a treat for you!

Just be aware that the next major release of Pro Sites (3.5) will include a much more customizable pricing table.

So you may want to make a note of the custom stuff you've done just in case your table gets a bit wonky after an update. :slight_smile:

I'm going to mark this thread resolved. But if you need more help on this issue, simply check the "Mark as not resolved" box below to re-open the ticket.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.