Foreign information in Google listing

When searching for the "Antiquities Dealer Association" in google, the result contains foreign language words including Arabic and (on some screens) Scandinavian. I'm running Defender on the website, but cannot see where this is coming from. Any ideas?!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Babs,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and I can see the results in Arabic but the strange thing is that when I check source code of that page there's no mention of it whatsoever.
    I did a scan of your site via Sucuri and there's no reports there as well so your site looks clean.

Can you search your database and see if you see any of the foreign characters there?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Babs,

I must say that I'm a bit lost here as I never seen similar report like this one and there's little to none information about this online.

Could you grant us support access to your site so we can see if we can find anything in there that could tell us what's going on?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Babs,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chim in here! :slight_smile:

I went ahead and accessed your website after you kindly granted support access for us and noticed that there were some files reported as "unknown" or "changed" in the File Scanning module of Defender plugin. I already fixed and removed these as you can see here:

I've also re-run the file scanning and seems that there's no other infected file anymore.

You can either spare some time for Google to re-crawl your website (usually this is happening within 24 hours) or force Google to re-crawl your website as described in official documentation here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Additionally, you can use Yoast SEO plugin -that you already use- to set the exact description you want in your pages, for example in the FAQ page:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.