Forgot Password Tab not working

Hello,

On my website the forgot password tab does nothing. I am not sure where the issue comes from. I have a login page and register page in my dashboard, but no forgot password page, so I assume this is the issue. Any idea how to fix this issue? Website is at mediasolutionsdevelopment.com

Thanks,
Brett

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there, nice catch Laurent :slight_smile:

@Brett, looks like you have some jQuery errors on that page, hence the issue, can you test for a plugin conflict please?

Deactivate all plugins, then re-activate one by one till the same issue happens, then plugin "ex" caused the issue.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack

• Brett
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@lol yes that is what I am referring to, thanks for clarifying that since I failed to.
    Any idea how to get the #tab3_login to load up the forgot page?

@Jack Kitterhing
    The only js errors I see are the two "Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined" which are cause by MP Frontend, which is the plugin that creates these login pages.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Brett

Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately because of those errors if they come before the action to switch tabs, that's why the tabs aren't working, as a error stops any more jQuery from loading,

Have you checked with the plugin author on the issue? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lol
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,
    Sorry, I had less time than expected ... But I have not forgotten.
    It is therefore a problem loading jquery as told before.

Could you give us the list of all plugins enabled on your WP?

You could try to force the loading of jquery with this command:
    wp_enqueue_script ('jquery-ui-core');

To place in the functions.php of your template.

Kind regards,
    Laurent.

• Brett
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi @Jack Kitterhing I have gotten some feedback from the author via the support website for the plugin but nothing helpful.

@lol You confused me by your responses. Are you saying jQuery isn't being loaded?

Thanks Guys!

• lol

Hi,

@lol You confused me by your responses. Are you saying jQuery isn't being loaded?

Yes I think so.
    If you could try to force it to load with
    wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
    We will be fixed!

Regards,

Laurent.

• lol

Hi Brett,
    You can do it with a ftp client; Go to "root_web/wp-content/themes/your_theme
    You'll find a functions.php file. Please Backup the files before any change.

At the very beginning, paste the code I gave the line after (<?php) like this:

<?php
    wp_enqueue_script('jquery');

Or you can do it in your wp-admin (Appearance > Editor). You'll find the file functions.php on the right, click on it, il will load it on the editor.

But if you're not familiar with this kind of manipulation and you're not sure of yourself, do not do anything.
    I'm not part of the staff and handling I propose is risky for the uninitiated.

So please, wait a confirmation from someone at WPMU, I do not want to risk breaking your site.

Laurent.

• Brett
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@lol

Thank you for the info, and thanks for the warning. I am comfortable manipulating code I am just not very familiar with Wordpress.

Okay so I added the code to my functions.php in the theme, resource console in Chrome shows jquery loaded as a script, but the tab still isnt fixed :disappointed:

Any additional ideas?

Thanks!

• lol

Hi,
    All right Brett.

Excuse me for the warning, but I do not want problems with the WPMU team ...

Let me see tomorrow, I will analyze everything and try to guess what's wrong (not easy without access to the code!)

I'll need the plugins list (all plugins) in case I should test in local wordpress.
    You are running which WP Version ?

Apart from access to the site, the best would be to have a backup of the site and a dump of db...

One more time I'm not a STAFF member. :wink:

Fell free to join me: laurent(at)karmaweb.biz

Regards,
    Laurent.

PS: And thank you very much for the points! ))

• lol

Hi Brett,
    Sorry for the delay!

Could you please post here (or send me by mail it better) the functions.php of your theme ?
    There is some modifications to do, but it's not easy to explain... it should be easier to see the code to give you the exact answer...

Regards,
    laurent.

• lol

Hi again...
    Stop me if I'm wrong: You use Framemarket 1.5.3.
    If yes, you are not up to date. Can you upgrade to 1.5.5 ?

If you can't... You will find at line #124 this:

function framemarket_load_scripts() {
    	$version = '1.4';
    	if ( !is_admin() ) {
    		wp_enqueue_script("jquery");

You'll have to replace by that:

function framemarket_load_scripts() {
         $version = '1.4';
         if ( !is_admin() ) {
    		wp_enqueue_script("jquery-ui-core");
    		wp_enqueue_script("jquery-ui-tabs");

You just have to add:

wp_enqueue_script("jquery-ui-core");
    		wp_enqueue_script("jquery-ui-tabs");

After this:

It should work (I hope it will...) :wink:

Laurent.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.