Form plugin for Pop-up!

I would like my pop-up to have a fancy form for users to subscribe to my email list.

Is there a preferred form plugin to use with the WPMUDEV Pop-up! plugin?

I'm considering linking Wufoo forms to Mailchimp inside of the Pop-up plugin. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Pros? Cons?

Do you have other suggestions for building an email list? I really want to do this right and not cut any corners as I feel that building my email list will be crucial to the success of this project.

• Mason

Hiya,

Is there a preferred form plugin to use with the WPMUDEV Pop-up! plugin?

There's no "preferred" plugin. I know folks use Gravity Forms and several other solutions to do exactly this. As @scot mentioned. We also have an E-newsletter plugin right here as well.

I'm considering linking Wufoo forms to Mailchimp inside of the Pop-up plugin. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Pros? Cons?

That's a great way to approach things. WordPress plugins are built in php and (since they run on your server) are subject to the server's mail functionality working correctly. Rarely, but there are times, when the server won't be working right and notifications aren't sent out and you could potentially miss out on a subscriber or two.

Of course, if the server is setup correctly this is not a worry. Wufoo and Mailchimp are services built to do those activities and so are much more likely to be up and running all the time.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.