Form to collect customer data

Hi there,

How can I add a form to collect customer name, address and so on the register page set up by your plug in? Is there a short code or do I just collect the customer data from paypal once they check out?
Please let me know.

http://allaboutyourdog.com/register-2

Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Marco Rodrigues

• marco_rodrigues

Hello Jim
    Thank you for the quick reply. However I'm still having problems with the membership plug-in.

The problem is that when I placed the subscription form short code, [subscriptionform] on my page content area for the registration page, the subscription form does not show up on the page.

Also other issue that I've noticed twice now is that whenever I change the registration page to a new one in the membership pages option in the admin area, the registration page seems to disappear from my live site. I'm not sure what is causing this and I'm attaching the link so you can see what I'm talking about.

Even when I create a new page in the membership pages the page does not show up on my live site and also under the form type, original membership form, the form does not display on the page.

The page just seems to disappear into thin air and even when I create a new page for the registration the page does not show up on the site it just shows a blank page as you will see any attached blank.
    Is there a known issue or perhaps is there an issue that I'm not aware of.
    Here is the link to the page for the registration:

http://allaboutyourdog.com/register

Thank you for your help in advance and please let me know how this issue can be resolved as soon as possible.

Marco Rodrigues

• aristath

Hello there @marco_rodrigues, I hope you're well today!

Your original hypothesis is correct. The basic user data is collected on registration and then you just collect the customer data from paypal once they check out.

As an alternative you could use BuddyPress and build your user profiles there.
    Please note though that it would be best to deactivate the bp user registration option and let Membership handle registrations. Once users have registered they can complete their profiles on bp.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• marco_rodrigues

Hi Ari,
    Thank you for the reply and I hope you are doing well.
    I understand what you're saying about using the membership plug-in to collect the user data for the registrations however the form for the registrations is not showing up on the page. I'm not sure what the problem is because even when I use the short code [subscriptionform] for the subscriptions on the page itself or edit the subscription plans content area, I don't see the form anywhere on a page.
    Isn't the form to collect the user data supposed to show up on the registration page? Am I missing something or is there something wrong with your membership plug-in?
    Here is the link to that page where the users are supposed to register on my website.
    http://yogaandmeditationcourse.com/register

Please let me know what the problem might be as to why the form is not showing up on my page.
    If I want to create my own form to pass the data onto the membership what should I use for the form action to pass the form variables onto the membership plug-in?
    Thank you for your help and I trust you are having a great day in Australia.
    Marco Rodrigues

• aristath

@marco_rodrigues I can see the form normally...
    I have attached screenshots.

If you're logged-in as an admin it is natural that you don't see the form.

If I want to create my own form to pass the data onto the membership what should I use for the form action to pass the form variables onto the membership plug-in?

It would be better if you simply change the plugin files and include your files there.
    Too confusing otherwise...

Thank you for your help and I trust you are having a great day in Australia.

I personally am in Greece but thank you!
    Have a nice day too!!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.