formatting

When writing a new blog post- sometimes I want to visibly cross out the word and then replace with another, but when I publish the post it never shows up in my Spirit theme. Is there anyway to fix this-- is this a formatting issue? or code? how can I fix this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nicole,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked this on my own test setup with the default Spirit theme configuration and I can confirm that it's missing "line-through" styling. A quick and simple fix is to add following CSS rule to the site:

del {text-decoration:line-through;}

To do this, please open your homepage and enable Upfront editor and then:

- switch to "Theme Settings" tab in Upfront editor on the left
    - click on "Global Theme CSS" link
    - a CSS editor will show up; scroll an existing content all the way down
    - add aforementioned CSS at the end of existing code
    - save CSS editor content and Save Upfront layout

This change should then affect all the content across the site so wherever you use the "cross out" formatting it should work fine now.

I already reported it to Upfront developers so hopefully they'll take care of it soon.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Nicole,

hope you're doing good and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

If I wanted to make any style switch is this where I would go?

This depends on how you want to store (and preserve) these CSS rules.
    1. In the screenshot you uploaded before, you use the default theme editor in admin area, by writing the main stylesheet of the current active theme. Please notice that if you update the theme in the future, you'll lose everything in there as all of theme files will be replaced.
    2. You can use the Global Theme CSS section in UF editor and technically keep that stored in database in order to be used by UF Spirit theme only. You can then update freely in the future and keep all of your customizations there.
    3. Another approach is to use a third-party plugin for Custom CSS (you can find a large number of these if you search the w.org repo) in order to have these changes even if you activate another theme.

As in most of the cases though, CSS changes are theme-specific, I'd rather propose the second way, using the Global Theme CSS like my colleague Adam stated before. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hear if this a working solution for you!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.