Formatting Bar on Themes

I’ve seen the bar above the text input box (using it now) for forums (inside buddypress) and groups but I can’t seem to activate it on my own themes including the Buddypress Premium Corporate Theme as seen in the two graphics attached.

Please advise.

MB

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

To my knowledge our BuddyPress themes do not have this formatting bar. Note that the groups and forums inside BuddyPress are not generated by bbPress and do not use a bbPress theme. This forum is generated by bbPress and does use a bbPress theme. That’s why you’re seeing the bar here.

I’ve seen the bar above the text input box (using it now) for forums (inside buddypress) and groups

Can you provide us with a link to a BP forum and/or group page with the formatting bar?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/formatting-bar-on-themes

Scroll down to "Reply".

That’s a screenshot of our forums here it seems and not of a BuddyPress page.

I think I may be a bit confused by your first post. Are you asking if the formatting bar can be added to the BuddyPress themes or are you stating that you’ve seen it on a BuddyPress theme and asking why it’s on available on your site?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

At both the Buddypress.org and premium.wpmudev.org sites, the Forum pages are served up by BBpress themes and not the BuddyPress themes. Yes?

Correct.

We can look into adding the formatting bar to our BP themes in the future but that will most likely be a few months as we’ve just released the first versions.

Thanks,

Andrew

• michaelbradley
    • Flash Drive

I think I may be a bit confused by your first post. Are you asking if the formatting bar can be added to the BuddyPress themes or are you stating that you’ve seen it on a BuddyPress theme and asking why it’s on available on your site?

I see where the confusion is: I mixed topics. So, to be clear:

1. Can the formatting bar be added to the BuddyPress themes?

2. I thought I saw it on a BuddyPress theme but was likely mistaken.

MB

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Can the formatting bar be added to the BuddyPress themes?

It most likely can be and we can look into adding it to the next major update to our BuddyPress themes. Since the first versions of the themes were just released the next major update will most likely be several months away.

I thought I saw it on a BuddyPress theme but was likely mistaken.

It’s definitely possible that you’ve it on a BuddyPress theme. However, I’m 99.9% sure that wasn’t one of our themes.

Thanks,

Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.