Formatting display of Custom Content Dashboard Widget Plugin

Installed and was formatting text in box using HTML. That appeard to be working, but then I changed some of the text using the "Configure" link in the Dashboard and it lost all theHTML formating. Went back into the Settings >> Dashboard widget area, my HTML is intact but without the changes. Entered the changes here, hit Save and in Dashboard my changes appear but again all formatting is lost. This is pretty useless widget with just one long string of text - also the example shown shows heavy CSS customization. Nowhere could I find documentation on customizing the output display on this widget on WPMU. This is a great idea, but so far very disappointing mess - client is now upset that it is not working. Very clean install, I am a longtime WP developer. WP 3.6.1 on FF and Chrome. Would send a screenshot but see no place to upload it here. Thanks, Haylie

• Vaughan

hiya

can you post the HTML you are trying to post?

some HTML may be filtered by wordpress itself, not the plugin.

i'm not sure what you mean by heavy CSS. there doesn't look that much imo.

for HTML, you might find this plugin useful.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/raw-html/

or you can install our pro-sites plugin which will allow you to enable unfiltered html if you're using multisite.

hope this helps

• BSRC

Hi, it WAS working and displaying the formatted HTML (no extra css) just fine. Once edited by the "Configure" link on the dashboard, instead of in settings, it quit working. The only plugin installed after that was WP Smush it and WPMU Notifications, I removed both those and still no workee. I tried installing WPMU Notifications, but it hangs when going to find the free API for the client and never finishes and all that stuff in the left menu confuses clients - and they work in Admin mode, so I just disabled the WPMU plugin too.

Here is the HTML - pasted from text edit into the dashboard box. FYI, The example screenshot shows text with a color (blue) and shadowed boxes around the subheading, so I assume it's using HTML w/ custom css.

<b>CHANGING IMAGE DISPLAY ON HOME PAGE</b>

<p>The Home page shows one (1) GALLERY with name = Latest Designs.

1) Go to Galleries and select "Galleries"
    2) Click on "Latest Designs" gallery
    3) Scroll down to Attached Images section
    4) Delete images by hovering over them and clicking trash can
    5) Add images by selecting "add Gallery images" and add/select them from the media library.
    6) Images display in order you add them, there is no way to reorder them once uploaded.
    7) Be sure to save the Gallery post!
    </p>

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.