Formatting font, adding custom sidebars

Ok - I'm starting to get myself more familiar with the basics of Upfront after finding this tutorialwhich included a link to user guide in the comments. (Just my opinion but these need made much more prominently noticeable on the website. I had to hunt for them.)

I'm working on my staging site right now and trying to establish the general settings for Upfront using the Scribe theme but keep running into 2 problems:

1) I copied the sample text from Code Pen and was editing it with my fonts fine, but there are a few lines that keep showing up with the Header 04 and 05 that I'm not finding what or where they are in the formatting. They are underline, there doesn't seem to be anything in CSS, I tried deleting the text and rewriting it but the formatting remained. I want rid of it! Can someone please help?

2) i have the plugin installed for custom sidebars. I have been playing with the structure of the main page but when I go to add a sidebar there are just a list of the individual widgets, not the sidebars. What am I missing?

I've opened the site up for Support access and would appreciate help with these issues. thank you.

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina),

They are underline, there doesn't seem to be anything in CSS, I tried deleting the text and rewriting it but the formatting remained. I want rid of it! Can someone please help?

Please use following CSS code - it should remove line:

.upfront-plain_txt h3:after,
    .upfront-plain_txt h4:after {display: none;}

you can add it to presets CSS for text element. Click "Edit preste CSS" and past code in new field that will open

2) i have the plugin installed for custom sidebars. I have been playing with the structure of the main page but when I go to add a sidebar there are just a list of the individual widgets, not the sidebars. What am I missing?

You are not missing anything. Upfront doesn't use standard sidebars and because it is highly editable there is no need to use custom sidebars - because you can place any widget in region and save it for one page, and on the other page you can use different set of widgets. Or you can set widget on global region and the reuse this region on other pages. The same goes for category pages - you edit them in editor, place there widgets and save for the all types of the page... or just for single one.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Jude

Hi there @enduringepilepsy

Hope you are keeping well !

1) I am not sure about exactly which line you are referring to .. I have however removed the white underline from the H4 element. Can you take a look and confirm ?

2) The custom sidebars plugin is not fully compatible with the upfront editor at the moment. Sorry about that, it should soon be possible, just not sure of an ETA on that.

Cheers
    Jude