Formatting in Events+ all over the shop (again)

Eg:
https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/events/2014/05/workshop-1-grammar/

Despite doing the layout properly, it is doing strange things with the way it ends up on the page.

1. New paras continue on against the title.
2. Spaces above and below heading are not reflecting how they are set up in the HTML editor.
3. Bullet points are not showing and text is squashed up against the left hand side.

Please advise how to fix this? Is it a bug?

Thank you.
Karen

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

1. New paras continue on against the title.
    2. Spaces above and below heading are not reflecting how they are set up in the HTML editor.

I checked your site but didn't find it.

Could you please explain it a bit more in detail ( Attach screenshot if you can ) so that i can help you to resolve it?

3. Bullet points are not showing and text is squashed up against the left hand side.

I can see the Bullet points are not showing, it seems the issue of buddypress fun theme and to resolve this issue try adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css

#post-entry ol, #post-entry ul {
       margin-left: 15px;
    }

#post-entry li {
        list-style: initial;
    }

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Karen
    • WordPress Warrior

Vinod

Thanks for that.

I have added the CSS.

It doesn't fix the bullets. (Sorry).

A link to a page showing the problems (I have trouble getting screenshots to load in the WPMU system) is https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/events/2014/05/writing-104-writing-features-and-articles/

ALSO
    The calendar - which opens in April. When you click on ONE arrow it jumps two months and goes straight to JUNE and you have to click to go BACK to May. This should not happen. FYI - must be checked while still in April. FYI.

Back to you!

Thanks.
    Karen

• Karen
    • WordPress Warrior

Vinod

The original link provided does show all the errors. (I just checked it).

Details Grammar : Workshop #1 (am) is all on ONE line.

Details is the H3 heading.
    Workshop #1 should start on the NEXT line.

I have had to put in additional line breaks in Edit mode to try and get the spacing I want showing, but when you save and go to the page what you see in editing mode is NOT happening onscreen.

It is affecting:
    -line breaks
    -where the text starts (it should start at the left for main text but some of it isn't)
    -bullet points
    -indenting

Basically it appears to be taking NO NOTICE of the formatting in edit mode.

Thanks.

INDENTING is not working either.
    On the link in the previous post, these should ALL be indented.

Excellent: 10%
    Very Good: 56%
    Good: 29%
    Average: 4%

Basically NONE of the formatting is working. This happened once before and was fixed but I don't recall how. It is disappointing that the same issue is back as it makes us look unprofessional with all the text running into itself and not lining up correctly.

Thanks if you can check it.

I have

• Karen
    • WordPress Warrior

Vinod

Thanks for that.

I have added the CSS.

It doesn't fix the bullets. (Sorry).

A link to a page showing the problems (I have trouble getting screenshots to load in the WPMU system) is https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/events/2014/05/writing-104-writing-features-and-articles/

ALSO
    The calendar - which opens in April. When you click on ONE arrow it jumps two months and goes straight to JUNE and you have to click to go BACK to May. This should not happen. FYI - must be checked while still in April. FYI.

Back to you!

PS Feel free to go in and click on edit for the events and see what is happening.

As noted they were fine before so something changed after they got fixed.

I have kept all the CSS code when I updated to a different plugin recently so nothing has been lost there. FYI.

Thanks.
    Karen

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again Karen,

Try adding this CSS:

#wpmudevevents-contentbody ul {
      list-style: disc;
      list-style-type: disc;
    }

This will show the bullet points for lists.

As for your calendar issue, this is a known PHP bug that occurs on the last day of some specific months. I'm sure you won't have it now... Can you please confirm?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Karen

In addition with @aristath I want to mention that to resolve the issue with the paragraph and title, please add the following css:

#wpmudevevents-wrapper h3{
    float: none !important;
    }
    #wpmudevevents-contentheader h3{
    float: left;
    }

About the bullet issue, it's not exactly the theme issue. All the default styles are reset so you need to use your own style using css. I am afraid I can't add bullet in default css as it may break many part of the theme. So if you please go with Ari and Vinod's suggestion that would be great.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Karen,

Just to chime in here, I've taken the liberty of adding in the code that @Ashok provided earlier.

While browsing the code you entered in Simple Custom CSS, I found a piece of PHP code in there. Not sure why it was in there, but turns out, that's what was keeping your bullet points from showing up.

Please let us know if there's anything else that needs tweaking here. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Karen
    • WordPress Warrior

Michael

THANK YOU! for putting the code in.

I only copy and paste as I am instructed to do, so the odd stuff came from somewhere. Never mind - it is now looking good. Thank you so much for putting it in and thanks everyone for looking at it.

Much appreciated.

As for your calendar issue, this is a known PHP bug that occurs on the last day of some specific months. I'm sure you won't have it now... Can you please confirm?

Ari - it doesn't appear to be happening now.

There is also the odd issue of the last 1-2 days in the calendar being greyed out like Sat and Sun are....just to mention it in case someone is looking at it.

Thanks ALL!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.