Formatting problems with directory plugin

I tried to post this once already.

I don't like the format of the listing pages at all can the following be changed?

1. Removal of the "Post one, DATE, By" line?

2. Have the contact button BELOW the listing info.

3. Have the listing info beside the thumbnail instead of the bottom of the page.

4. Removal of the "this entry was posted in, Bookmark etc.."

5. Removal of "you must be logged in to rate"

Possible, any or all of them?

Screen shot attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbo269por9i5c88/format%20issues.jpg?dl=0

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Weir,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

You can achieve this by editing the following Directory plugin file single-listing.php by copying it from the plugin on following path to the theme you are using by creating a directory in the root folder of your theme called "directory" and adding the copied file in to this created directory.

\directory\ui-front\general\single-listing.php

You have to remove the following code in the copied single-listing.php file and make necessary changes into it re-position the elements however you want to.

<?php the_dr_posted_on(); ?>

<?php the_dr_posted_in(); ?>

<?php echo '<p class="must-log-in">' . sprintf( __( 'You must be <a href="%s">logged in</a> to rate item.', DR_TEXT_DOMAIN), wp_login_url( apply_filters( 'the_permalink', get_permalink( $post->ID ) ) ) ) . '</p>'; ?>

Please advise if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• jhopkins

Hi Jack

I was just looking for help regarding this too, so instead of starting a new thread, I hope it's right to post here (I can always start a new one though).

I'd like create my classifieds and directory listings to look more like the CJ Maloney's example. I've taken a screengrab and added notes to show you.

1. My current listings (classifieds plugin) are very plain at the moment, I'd like to jazz them up a little - to reflect the CJ Maloney.

2. Although I have used the branding plugin to change text from listings to business opportunities, this hasn't happened site wide, therefore when I click on the business opportunity link, it goes to the 'listings' page, which is creating confusion for my members. (same with my classifieds pages - I want to eliminate the words classifieds and listings completely)

I hope the screengrab helps:
    Best,
    Jane

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jane,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Ideally its not a good process to post on other thread.

Especially the original ticket creator might not like the thread to be hijacked :slight_smile: Just a suggestion, no stress !

I'd like create my classifieds and directory listings to look more like the CJ Maloney's example. I've taken a screengrab and added notes to show you.

1. My current listings (classifieds plugin) are very plain at the moment, I'd like to jazz them up a little - to reflect the CJ Maloney.

Could you please share us CJ Maloney's example?

I think you forgot to share the screenshot so please share it.

2. Although I have used the branding plugin to change text from listings to business opportunities, this hasn't happened site wide, therefore when I click on the business opportunity link, it goes to the 'listings' page, which is creating confusion for my members. (same with my classifieds pages - I want to eliminate the words classifieds and listings completely)

Do you mean along with text you also want to change the URL of pages?

Please advise.

I've added the 'default' theme to w-p content/themes but I only want it to show up on the actually directory pages so I don't want to activate it.

You can only use one theme at a time in WordPress and can't use different theme for different pages like directory pages instead you can develop WordPress page templates and style/customize it differently for different pages.

Should I therefore set up a sub-domain for the directory?

You can use directory plugin on sub domain so that you can use different theme there.

If I do that, would it still link to the membership and buddypress and everything else?

I think by link you mean integration if this is so then the answer is some plugins work on all sites if network activated but some only work on per site basis even if network activated like membership plugin.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• jhopkins

Thanks for the reply Vinod. I thought the original poster would appreciate help as she seemed to have given up.

The CJ Maloney's example is used on here, it is always in the right hand column promoting the directory plugin.

I have attached a screen grab to illustrate how my directory looks in comparison.

It also shows what I want to achieve with the name changing.

I will work on creating a page template, thanks for that clarification. I have set up the directory on a new subdomain but I don't know how or if it is possible for it to integrate with membership.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.