Formatting text with html in Confirmation & Reminder Emails - Appointments+

Is there a way where I can format the text of confirmation and reminder emails in Appointments+ to use bold text, italics, etc.?

• aristath

There's no easy way to do this...
    Unless you're willing to dive deep into the core plugin code and change many things.

However this will require you to re-apply your customizations every time an update is available.

P.S. have you updated your installation to version 1.2.3.2 ?
    If not you should do so as it addresses the following:
    - Empty spaces used in reminder times are deleted now
    - New filter to define special prices for MarketPress integration
    - Updated jquery datepick and fixed conflict with WooCommerce
    - Fix for special characters in emails
    - Reserved appointments (related to events imported from GCal) are no more editable as they are supposed to be
    - Wrong non-numerical value settings in capacity, service and service provider prices are not allowed any more

Cheers,
    Ari.

• mricketts

Thanks for the quick responses, I appreciate it. Yeah I don't want to mess with the core so I suppose that's out of the question for now. I have a couple more brief questions if you don't mind.

1) I just updated the plugin like you said and it broke my page. Then I noticed that the plugin was deactivated upon update. Is that normal for updates? Once it's updated do I have to reactivate it? jw

2) Are there any hooks or something where I can set another email address that confirmation emails are sent to? Right now it only sends confirmation emails to the wp admin email address. I would like it to send to the admin + 2 other people.

Thanks!
    Matt

• aristath

1) I just updated the plugin like you said and it broke my page. Then I noticed that the plugin was deactivated upon update. Is that normal for updates? Once it's updated do I have to reactivate it? jw

No, normally it should not be deactivated. Did you re-activate it? If you're having any issues with the automatic installer then simply use FTP to upload the updated files and overwrite the existing ones.

2) Are there any hooks or something where I can set another email address that confirmation emails are sent to? Right now it only sends confirmation emails to the wp admin email address. I would like it to send to the admin + 2 other people.

Well, you'd still have to "hack" the plugin core but it's not a big change so feel free to do it.
    Just keep your changes somewhere so that when you update the plugin again you can go back and copy-paste them again.

Locate the send_confirmation function (it's on line 5377 of the appointments.php file).

On line 5409 you'll see the following:
    $to = array( $admin_email );
    You can insert your additional addresses there.

Please note that this function uses wp_mail so you should read about it before adding your additional emails.

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however the above solution does not work for you or you need any further instructions/clarifications, don't hesitate to reopen it and post a reply on your current status.

Cheers!
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.