Formidable Pro Registration Form with Membership

Since the Membership plugin does not natively support extra meta fields such as address, phone number, country, etc., I'm going to use my Formidable Pro form to capture the data and place it in the database. However, I need to make sure the form assigns the level upon sign-up (free memberships). How could I determine the correct value for a Level? I looked in the database and saw the table xxx_m_membership_levels and found the field names for each level. Would it be a boolean value of 0/1 or true/false?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kirk,

Hope you are doing well today! Thanks for your question.

So, you are wanting to just have a signup page then after sign up they are applied with a free membership and can go "premium" later? Or something along those lines? If that's the case then you should be able set that in Membership > Options > Default subscription for registered users - the little checkbox in that section will apply the first subscription level to any new registrations.

Would that do the trick for you? If not, let us know and we can look further into this :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kirk

Sorry I didn't make it clear. My issue is that I need to registered users to enter their address, phone number and country regardless of whether or not it's a paid membership. Since this is not possible with Membership, I'm trying to accomplish this with Formidable Pro since it has the ability to setup those extra fields and store them as part of the user profile in the database. The problem is I have to setup Formidable Pro to some how set the level since that is not a default feature of that plugin and I need to know what value to set in the hidden field for the level they are signing up for. In this case, it's a field called level-1.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kirk,

Spoke with one of our devs on this one and this will be a fairly complicated task - you will need to make sure the registration form hooks in with the subscriptions. The best way to do it would be to use the subscription.form.php file in Membership and build a form based on that.

The easiest way to do this would be to just redirect the user to the subscriptions page after sign-up then they can just do a 1 click subscription sign up since they are already logged in. Or, better yet, you could make the sign up link, the redirect link so they will just be signed up right away: http://domain.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

That link looks like it will send you to the sign up form again, but since you'll have already signed up it should just subscribe you to level 1 right away. You could make a different form for each level if you wanted too.

Hope this helps Kirk! Let us know if you still need any further assistance here :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.