Forminator Conditional Logic Suggestion regarding Date Input Field Data

I want to show/hide a field based on the given data in the previous input field.

Steps to replicate:

1. Create a form
2. Add a Date Element
3. Then add a Text Element or any other element. I am assuming you added a Text Element.
4. In this Text Element settings, enable Conditional Logic. Set as "This field will be shown if: Date is Monday"

My target here is - If the given date in the Date Element is Monday, then the Text Element will show. But this doesn't work as the Date field doesn't contain the "Day of the week" value.

Can we have this conditional logic for Forminator Elements?

• Antonio

Hi Ash,

That is pretty much everything at the moment that stops me from using Forminator for that particular project.

I also find it inconvenient to not be able to limit the start and end date input, for example, in Caldera forms you can specify 0d(todays date as a start date), +1w(a week in advance) + 2y(years) - you get the point. What I was trying to achieve is to enable users to request classes availability based on certain dates/classes and obviously, you should not be able to pick a date in the past.

I was not able to use Forminator a few months ago because on form submit I was getting an email with ALL of my form fields(including hidden by conditional logic ones which should have been omitted) - this has now been fixed.

What gives Forminator an edge at the moment is the ability to style the forms in an easy way, however, I cannot use Forminator in some of my projects because of lack of functionality. I will try to provide feature ideas that might present a stumbling block in the users` workflow.

Thank you.

• Andy

Hey guys,

Great feedback! I am 90% sure our new conditional logic coming through shortly will be able to go to this level of detail. As Ash mentioned I'll get it across to the dev team to make sure they are aware of the current limitations.

Forminator is definitely still a work in progress, but it's getting the time it deserves and should be an absolutely stellar forms plugin in the near future :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.