Forminator form layout issue

I'm having an odd issue with a Forminator form. With a bit of custom CSS added to my form to get some rows to have 2 fields in them, they are appearing at different sizes even though the CSS should apply the same to all.

Even when removing all my custom CSS, or diabling the "Use Custom CSS" option, there are still a couple of fields that appear shorter than the others. I had a chat with Patrick today and he suggested a plugin conflict test. I'll report here any results from that later today. :slight_smile:

  • Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

    Hello On Budget Services

    Hope all is well!

    Please let us know if the issue still persists when all the other plugins are deactivated. Would you please try an alternative form layout? Instead of using "multiple name fields" option for Name field, please add, use two name fields one near each other like this:

    And drag and drop Phone number filed near Email files, like it is shown below:

    This way there is no need to add additional CSS code.

    Let us know how it went.

    Cheers,
    Nastia

  • Mike
    • Flash Drive

    Nope, didn't fix anything. I did notice something very interesting though.

    Whenever I would save the custom CSS, it would increase the number of entries each time. So whatever I had in the custom CSS box, if I saved, it would double them on page load. However, loading them in the editor, it only showed a single copy.

    Ultimately, I moved it out of Forminator and into my theme and was able to manually force the fields to the size I wanted. Isn't the most ideal way of doing it, but it was the best resolution, as we needed to complete the project for our client.

  • Dimitris
    • Support Star

    Hello there On Budget Services,

    hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chiming in! :slight_smile:

    Whenever I would save the custom CSS, it would increase the number of entries each time. So whatever I had in the custom CSS box, if I saved, it would double them on page load. However, loading them in the editor, it only showed a single copy.

    I tried to replicate this in a clear environment (using only Forminator and WPMUDEV Dashboard plugins) with TwentySeventeen theme, with no avail though.
    This sounds like some kind of conflict with another plugin, or some caching doesn't work well (again a conflict test it's what can narrow this down).

    If you can create a staging environment to further test this, please share with us your results!

    Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.