[Forminator] Form shortcode not working

I cannot get a Forminator Pro form to display on a page. I created a form – I’m not finished with it but I wanted to test it first I put the shortcode on a draft page. I selected the form from the Forminator drop down and it populates but the form does not show. Please advice.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Jeffrey

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Since I didn’t know on which page the form in question was added, I let myself create yet another draft page on the site (feel free to remove it – the page is “WPMU TEST”:wink: to be able to test the issue.

The form itself is in fact “printed out” to the page HTML markup (source code) but it’s hidden with an inline CSS. It has a “display:none” rule set. It looks to me like a conflict with either a theme or some other plugin – though theme would be a likely candidate as there are some additional JS errors in browser console related to the theme.

I read in the chat that you were asked to perform a conflict test. Did you have a chance to do it already and if so, did it reveal the conflicting part of the site (plugin or theme)?

If you didn’t run the test yet, I’d recommend doing it. Basically, you’d want to temporarily switch the site to Twenty Nineteen theme and switch off all the plugins except Forminator. If the form shows up then, start enabling plugins back one by one, after each one checking if the form is still showing up.

Once it stops, you know that the last enabled thing (the plugin or the theme) is the culprit. If you could run such test and let me know about results, it’d be great. We’d then take it from there in order to find solution.

However, there also seems to be a “quick and dirty” workaround, in case you wanted to give it a go. You can add following CSS to the “Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS” of your site and after you publish it, the form should be showing up:

.forminator-custom-form {display:block!important;}

Please note though: it’s just a workaround and a conflict test would be recommended so we could identify the real reason of the issue and look for a permanent solution.

Best regards,

Adam

• Jeffrey
    • New Recruit

Good day!

First of all, thank you for the outstanding attention and incredible customer care. WPMUDEV is the best service out there!

I did the test and it seems it is the theme that is causing the issue.

The developer doesn’t support anything but Contact Form 7. In a short back and forth with them, they expressed no concern with the solution you suggested.

Do you see any problem in moving forward with the custom CSS as you suggested?

Will this possibly cause conflicts elsewhere or can I just move forward with this option as I was able to get it to work perfectly as you can tell at this link https://academic.intelli.tours/index.php/teacher-recommendation.

Thanks

Jeffrey

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jeffrey

Thank you for your response!

I think you should be fine with that workaround (CSS) that I recommended. That is, if you tested it already and can confirm that it’s working for you. In case of 3rd-party premium themes it’s sometimes a case of a “good will” of the theme developers as only they can modify their code in a way that it will fix the issue for good and don’t break upon future updates.

If the CSS works for you, I think it’ll be fine to stick with it :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.