[Forminator] Form submit is not working

We keep getting an error message when submitting a form created in Forminator. The page link and the name of the form are attached in the internal chat notes.

We have other working forms on the site which are working so we believe it is not a conflict with the theme.

We had some CSS code attached in the site related to this form earlier (also attached in chat notes), could you check if that could be causing an issue?

This is the error message that shows up – “Uh oh! Something’s not right! Please fix the errors!”. No conditions on any field in Visibility and all Validation are turned off.

The form is using page reload and not Ajax. Please advice.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jeffrey

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the form and this seems to be a case of two issues at once:

– the error looks to be triggered by an invalid phone number format being submitted (when following the scheme suggested by phone fields’ placeholders)

– there’s either something breaking the “core” phone number format validation or there’s some CSS issues that makes the phone fields not being properly marked as invalid upon submission (that’s why you only see message but no fields are indicated as invalid).

I tried to check the site but there’s no support access open and the access credentials that you provided during the chat are not working for me (I can’t login to the site with them).

I would like, however, to check form settings and also – if needed – import the form to my test site to do some further testing. Therefore, could you please enable support access to the site for me?

To do so, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page and click on “Grant support access” button there, then let me know here once it’s done and I’ll investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Adam

• Jeffrey
    • New Recruit

Hello again, Adam…

A couple of things

1. In addition to the issue above, the CONTACT FORM is not seeing confirmations email to the sender nor to Admin when a message is sent. The info show up in Forminator but I get no email confirmation that a message was sent.

2. A few weeks ago to make Forminator forms show up in my theme a support person here had me go to GOODLAYERS –> GOODLAYERS–> MISCELANEOUS –> Custom Css/Js –> Additional CSS ( without <style> tag ). and add the following code:

}

.forminator-custom-form { display:block!important;

}

THANK YOU!!!

• Jeffrey
    • New Recruit

Hello Adam-

I have granted support access.

It’s the Teacher Recommendation form.

A couple of things

1. In addition to the issue above, the CONTACT FORM is not seeing confirmations email to the sender nor to Admin when a message is sent. The info show up in Forminator but I get no email confirmation that a message was sent.

2. A few weeks ago to make Forminator forms show up in my theme a support person here had me go to GOODLAYERS –> GOODLAYERS–> MISCELANEOUS –> Custom Css/Js –> Additional CSS ( without <style> tag ). and add the following code:

}

.forminator-custom-form { display:block!important;

}

THANK YOU!!!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jeffrey

Thank you for granting access!

The CSS code doesn’t seem to be an issue here but it also doesn’t seem to be necessary any longer so you may try removing it. As for the issues:

Form submission

I did some more testing and I can confirm it’s a phone field data format thing. A placeholder added there suggests using a format like “1.300.400.5000” and this doesn’t “go through” the internal validation. If you use this format instead “+1 300 400 5000” the form will get submitted properly.

However, I can see that validation for phone field is actually disabled or rather – set to “none”. One could expect that with that validation disabled any format should be accepted so I’m considering it a bug. I can replicate this behavior on my own test setup with my own forms so I’ve already reported it to our developers and they’ll look for a way solve that.

As a workaround, please either change the placeholder to suggest format like this: +1 300 400 5000 or actually enable validation for phone fields and select required format in validation settings, making sure that placeholder reflects it.

Contact form notifications

The form doesn’t have any recipients set for e-mail notifications. There’s admin email and confirmation email enabled but the “recipients” option for both these notifications is currently empty. In both cases you need to specify the recipient(s).

In case of admin you’d want to put an e-mail in the field and for the “confirmation e-mail” (so the one that goes to the person who submitted the form) you can select one of the fields (in this case that’d be “Email address” field) as recipient.

This is necessary so the Forminator actually knew where to send these notifications.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.