[FORMINATOR] I cannot import form from 1.6.0.1 to 1.5.4

New Forminator UI does not allow to add field in the middle of form. It force to add new field ath the end of form each time.

After that I need to drag and drop new item in place where I want. I try to reverse to 1.5.4 where this drag&drop was more user friendly, but I notice I cannot import form from 1.6.0.1 to 1.5.4.

Pleae check chat transcript

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Lambros,

We have passed this over to our devs and I also submitted a suggestion to further improve form creation in 1.6 to make it easier to add elements in between existing ones.

I’m not sure how much changes would be needed to allow new forms to be imported in older Forminator and we don’t suggest using outdated versions so this will not be a high priority and for now you would need to create forms again if you wish to stick to 1.5.x

Best regards,

Predrag

• Lambros
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Now I cannot import the other way around either…. this is getting worse… I am on a chat with Katya to fix this, Hopefully

What;s new with the DEVS? Do we have any news? Will they reverse the downgrade to the forminator’s ease?

• Lambros
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I cannot import from 1.5.4 to 1.5.4

I cannot import from 1.6.1 to 1.5.4

I cannot import from 1.5.4 to 1.6.1

I only have 1 instance of 1.6.1, so I do not know is I can import from 1.6.1 to 1.6.1 … but it would not surprise me.

It is not a greek character problem, purerly eng forms have the same issues.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Lambros,

I was doing some tests on my end by running 1.5.4 and 1.6.1 and this time I actually had no issues importing from one to another.

However, when I tried importing your form into either of those installations I did encounter errors on both of them, but it happened only with Register Reflexologist, test form worked fine, so it seems that something specific in that form is causing it.

What I did notice is that issue is happening only when copying the export data from the popup itself, if you download the export file, open it up in a text editor and copy the code from there then you should have no issues importing it on your other installation.

What;s new with the DEVS? Do we have any news? Will they reverse the downgrade to the forminator’s ease?

We have added this on to-do list so there will be an option in future to add elements between existing ones.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Lambros
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This was a good fix. I do not mind at all to cope paste from the txt instead from the screen.

Also these news about the do-to list is really good!!!!

I do find forminator a great solution to too many things I need to do. Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.