[Forminator] Integration with Zapier sometimes doesn’t send data

I’m using an integration of one of my forms with Zapier. I’m using GA Connector to fill in some hidden fields (added as a hidden HTML field in the form).
The issue is that sometimes those hidden fields get sent to Zapier, and sometimes not. We’ve checked those during the chat and our guess is that it may be some sort of limiting on the Zapier side – either field length or the amount of data maybe?
Not sure about that though. Can you help debug this and find the source of the issues?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Digital

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I’ve checked the site and the way these fields are added and also discussed that with our Forminator developers. As the fields are there, they should be submitted but there are some possible “interruptions” there apart from what Zapier may (or may not) be limiting/loosing.

The important part here is that these fields are filled-in “in browser” by some JS, if I correctly understand. That’s visible in browser “inspector” but it’s not exactly the same as page source so there’s a chance that they are not filled-in quite “correctly” (even though visible in “inspector”:wink: or “on time” – at least not every time.

Caching shouldn’t be an issue here but, if it’s on Forminator side, it might be related to the way form is loaded so lets start with this: please disable option to load the form via AJAX in form settings first and clear all caches on site (clear cache not due to Zapier/form submission but rather to make sure that no related markup/assets are served from cache).

Then please test those submissions and see if Zapier gets them fine. If it still doesn’t, please try the same – with the form not being loaded via AJAX! – with all the plugins (other than Forminator and necessary GA plugins) disabled on site and the Twenty Nineteen theme active.

Let me know about results, please, so I could discuss that further with developers in case it still wasn’t working.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.