forminator messages are sending slow

Hi,
I have support access on for mriofreston.com. I'm getting ready to roll out forminator site wide on a client site. I'm testing it on this page:
http://www.mriofreston.com/forminator-test/

The messages arrive but there is a huge delay between submission and delivery. Feel free to go in and add your email and test it out.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi cornelius_butler

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have tested the form on your site with my Google e-mail account and I received the message instantly, right after I submitted the form.

I do realize, however, that there might be delays sometimes so let me explain how that works.

The Forminator plugin, once the form is submitted, is using built-in WP tools to send these messaged. The plugin triggers the mail sending routines immediately - in a real time - and the next "step" is what WordPress core does. With the default setup - as on your site - it uses its built-in "wp-mail()" function to send message.

This function, in turn, is using native PHP "mail()" function which interacts with the mail sending tools on a server. Now this is often a "bottleneck" because the way e-mail sending works on the server is that all the e-mails are queued and then the queue is processed by the mail sending software on the server. That queue might be shorter or longer and processing might also be slower or faster - depending on how many e-mails were triggered by all the sites on the server (and if it's a shared hosting account, that would also be e-mails from other sites from other hosting customers) and depending on the current load of the server.

This is the fist thing that can cause delays. Additionally, hosts - especially on shared hosts - often put additional limitations on the number of e-mails that can be sent e.g. per hour so if that number is reached, a message must wait for "another batch".

Then there's also a delay on the recipient's die as the target server sometimes may hold a message in "quarantine" before it passes all the SPAM checks - that can take anywhere from just a few seconds to 10-15 minutes or even more.

There are also additional factors such as all the e-mail relays and possible spam/blacklist checks "on the way" so that all can add up to quite a significant delay but is also something that's not really "controllable" and may cause quite inconsistent delivery times - so like in this case: you were having delays while I received message instantly.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Corn,

I did some tests on your site and I see that you have email log plugin already installed and I can see that the Forminator emails are added in the logs as soon as the form is submitted.
    This means that the functionality on the Forminator's end have been fired up and is up to server now to send that email further down the road.

I would suggest getting in touch with your hosting provider about this so they can check the email logs, or try using SMTP from Branda plugin to set up your emails to work temporarily with your GMail and see if the delays are gone after that, and if they are then there's most likely something in your hosting email server that needs to be checked/configured.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.