Forminator messages not getting through to some locations

Forminator message gets through to emails on same VPS, but does not get through to gmail and at least one other provider.
By replying I mean the send mail to user to confirm that the form is received.

The form is on http://www.t*******er.com/freebookpromo

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tim

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and did some more tests and it seems that not only gmail e-mail but actually all e-mails outside of your site domain are not handled well. This is in most cases an issue with a limitations put on a use of PHP mail() function - and the default "wp_mail()" used by WordPress is used by this.

I know from the chat that other e-mails are being delivered (such as registration mails) so that's indeed a bit surprising because in such cases usually no other e-mails are passing through as well. However, since a full conflict test was performed on site and it didn't work here seems to confirm the mail() function issue, which is a server-side thing.

You mentioned during the chat that you tried some SMTP plugin and it didn't work, can you tell me please which of the plugins have you tried? I also assume that the account you were trying to use with it was one of your accounts from your own domain, correct? Sometimes it is necessary to first actually enable SMTP support for an e-mail so could you give SMTP plugin another try but also get in touch with your host and ask them following questions:

- if there are any limitations on "mail()" function usage, especially if it comes to e-mail addresses?
    - if STMP for the account you'd want to use for outgoing mails is enabled?
    - if so, what are exact SMTP settings (including security settings, port etc)?

You could try with e.g. this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Give it a go please and let me know about result, if it still doesn't work, I'll include our developers in the case.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Tim

I see that you have tried some more form submissions and I appreciate your effort.

Unfortunately some of the other comments you make seem to not be true. For example, from my cpanel email interface I can with no problem send email to Gmail and other domains. So if there are server side problems with outgoing mail it is not at that level.

Further evidence, in another form plugin I have installed - FS Contact, the form successfully sends out email to gmail.

So your suggestion that there is a "server-side" mail problem stops all outgoing mail is simply not correct.

I did install the suggested SMTP plug-in yesterday, and that did not help.

If we are unable to resolve this today, I will just have to try to use the other plugin to solve the problem. I wanted to use Forminator because i find the data capture records easier to use, but if the reply messages don't go out, the whole purpose of the form is defeated.

Thanks for your help

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Tim

Thanks for letting me know. Just to make sure: with the WP Mail SMTP plugin it's now working, right?

If yes, it would be great if you could just mark this ticket as resolved (check "Mark as resolved" option while submitting a post) so we could consider it closed for now. Of course you can reopen it at anytime if necessary. But if I'm missing or misunderstanding something and you're still in need of assistance with it, let me know and we'll continue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.