Forminator on my site is making page unresponsive for sometime

I recentry created a few forms using Forminator and it seems like the pages on which I have forminator are taking much time to load.

Please check gtmetrix waterfall tab and that shows a forminator font is causing this. I have also tried reinstalling Forminator, deactivating other plugins and themes but no luck.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jonathan

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reporting this.

I checked your site and there’s indeed a Forminator form that’s loaded with a very big delay, though I’m not quite sure whether it’s actually a font that’s blocking load or it’s something delaying the font load. One way or another though – there is a delay related to this.

I didn’t see any reports on that before but I was able to replicate that on my own test setup (quite basic and very different to yours so it’s not a theme/plugin conflict) and I’ve already reported it to our developers as a bug so they’d look into it.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we’ll be updating you as they need to check it and find out why it’s even happening, then find a solution for the issue.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jonathan

I just spoke with one of the developers who worked on that and the reason here is apparently the complex set of conditions (conditional logic) used with the form.

When I tested the issue at first, I noticed that while that font asset “seems” to be locking site load, it’s not really doing that: it’s loading quite fast (90-150ms in my tests) but just very late, with a huge delay – like “something” was blocking it before it’s even loaded.

I’ve consulted it with our developers and, as it turns out, such set of conditions used for fields is delaying the form load and we weren’t aware of this. They’ll look into improving that in future releases so complex forms would be handled better and wouldn’t cause such delays.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jonathan

I’m afraid I don’t have any ETA. It’s only been reported to developers yesterday and while they identified it as performance issue related to conditional logic, they’ll need to investigate why it’s affecting it so much and find a way to refactor the code in a way that would speed it up. I’m absolutely sure that they’ll do what they can to deal with it as fast as possible, still though – I understand that it’s not as simple as change of just a few lines of the code but rather quite a significant rewrite of big parts of it so it might take some time.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.