[Forminator Pro] Ability to have a date without a year - so it can be saved to MailChimp as a birt

I am loving Forminator but it would be great if for the 'date' option the 'year' part could be hidden so the value could be submitted to MailChimp as a 'birthday'. (or if there was a 'birthday' option within Forminator)

• Nithin

Hey Kate,

Seems like this could be possible with some custom CSS to hide the year part in the Date field, so that it would make sure only the entered values would be used.

On quick testing this seems to work, however for it to work the date field type should be either "Drop Down", or "Text Inputs", date picker doesn't help in such case.

The CSS to hide would vary depending upon the form style, and from one page to another, maybe you could try this for "Drop Down" date field type to hide the year:

#date-1 > div > div.forminator-row.forminator-row--inner > div:nth-child(3) > div > span > span.selection > span {
    	display: none;
    }

If the above CSS doesn't work, please do share your page link where the form is added, so that we could provide a CSS.

Doesn't the above method help? Please do let us know your views. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Kate

Thank you Nithin!
    That worked like a charm :grinning:

I did add a little more CSS to completely hide the 'year' field label and then spread the day & month field over the row (so there wasn't a hole were the year field was).
    For anyone else interested I did this:

#date-1 > div > div.forminator-row.forminator-row--inner > div:nth-child(3) { display: none; }

@media screen and (min-width: 783px) {
    .forminator-row .forminator-col-4 {
        max-width: 50% !important;
        -webkit-flex-basis: 50% !important;
        -ms-flex: 0 1 50% !important;
        flex-basis: 50% !important;
    }
    }

Thanks again Nithin!

• Tony G

I haven't tried the solution proposed here but it seems pretty cool. Congrats!

That aid, I'm not keen on the idea of using a Date field as anything other than a real date. If anyone needs a Month and a Day without a year, I'd provide two fields for input. And if that third-party needs those two field submitted as a date, that's their own internal mechanism ... we can concatenate our two fields with the current year, or 1900, and submit that to them to satisfy their requirements.

As an example of this, when entering a credit card expiration, we see two fields, Month and Year. We don't display a calendar and suggest that users just click the 1st of the month where their card expires.

Another alternative - ask the visitor for their actual birthday in the current year, limiting the year of the calendar to the current, rather than masking the year in the UI. If we can't limit date entry to a date range (like most GUI components do), then THAT is the enhancement that I'd like to see for Forminator.

Sure, a lot of this is subject to preference. I'm just making suggestions so that we aren't looking too closely at a single example to solve a more general problem. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.