Forminator Pro and Divi builder conflict

We are using Divi Theme and Forminator Pro on our subsites. For some reason recently we couldn’t edit posts using Divi builder on some subsites. After running a conflict test we found that deactivating Forminator Pro or Hustle Pro solves the issue.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Bradley

Hope you are doing good today.

I made some additional tests on my multisite and I also compare my and yours Divi settings.

What I notice and I confirm this as a conflict is that when Divi is active on subsite and both plugins (Forminator and Hustle) are active you cannot switch between visual and text mode. Also you cannot use Forminator button. I report this to our developes.

As for main issue with Divi button (as I compare our Divi settings) I could not replicate this issue.

I notice on this subiste that main theme is not active there but child theme.

Could you switch to default Divi theme if possible and see does button will be available?

Please let us know about the results.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Bradley
    • Flash Drive

Even I switched to default and regular Divi theme, the issue is still there. The issue here is between this Forminator Pro and Hustle Pro. Something is messing it up. We need to get this figured out as soon as possible. We are moving all our sites to WPMU Dev and we need to figure out this kind of issue right away. Thanks.

• Bradley
    • Flash Drive

Hello. Good day! I just wanted to update you again about this issue. So the thing here is, the issue we had last time is fixed. so when you go to any post, the builder is fine and you will be able to edit it. But for some reason, when you go to Pages, edit any page and edit any module, you will notice that it doesn’t do anything and you will not be able to edit it. Good example of site is:

https://lpladvisors.us/nepara/

So I already enable or granted the access so you can check this issue. Please check this for us and let me know if you have any update or if you have any question. Thank you.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Bradley

I was able to replicate this on your site. Plugins and Divi theme is updated. Hustle is off for this site.

I made additional tests on my WPMU DEV multisite:

1. I update Hustle and Forminator / Hustle and Divi theme to this one you have on site

2. I disabled Hustle and only Forminator is enabled

3. I export your subsite pages you mention above and import them to my subsite

I could not replicate this on my installation.

Only your site show color picker error in console and flush cache does not help.

I escalate this to our developers to take closer look on your installation.

We have support access and as site is hosted with us we will create sftp account if is needed.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Bradley !

Sorry for keeping you waiting. There seems there is a conflict but replicated only on specific pages. For now I have created a mu-plugin on your site:

wp-content/mu-plugins/forminator-divi.php

with the following content:

add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', function(){

if ( ! function_exists( 'get_current_screen' ) || 'post' != get_current_screen()->base ) {
    return;
    }

wp_dequeue_script( 'chartjs' );
    wp_dequeue_script( 'chartjs-plugin-datalabels' );

}, 99 );

and seems that I can edit the Divi modules on your site. Could you give it a try and let us know if you still get this issue?

Thanks!

• Bradley
    • Flash Drive

Hello. Yes. I see that it is working fine now but I needed to run through some tests on other multisites if this fixes the issue. I just wanted to ask few things:

What is the content of the mu-plugin?

What does it do?

Why would it solve the issue?

Please send me on answer on some of those issues so we can do some test around. Thank you.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Bradley ,

What is the content of the mu-plugin?

The mu-plugin is a php file I added here :

wp-content/mu-plugins/forminator-divi.php

As mentioned in my previous reply, the content of that file is:

add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', function(){

if ( ! function_exists( 'get_current_screen' ) || 'post' != get_current_screen()->base ) {
    return;
    }

wp_dequeue_script( 'chartjs' );
    wp_dequeue_script( 'chartjs-plugin-datalabels' );

}, 99 );

You can navigate to that file with your ftp client to confirm :slight_smile:

What does it do?

It removes a js script that Forminator loads in the admin pages which seems to conflict with some of the builder’s js. That file is used by the Polls’ option to show the result Display in a chart after voting. This feature won’t be available in the admin pages since we removed that script, but would still be available in the front end.

Why would it solve the issue?

To have an exact answer we would need to check all the page builder’s js files to see which is the part that conflicts, which is really complicated to spot and find a proper solution without requiring heavy re-writes on at least one of the conflicting plugins. For this reason it is much better to remove that one js file since it doesn’t affect anything in the front end :slight_smile:

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.