[Forminator Pro] Cannot add any more fields to form in Forminator

Hi There,

I am creating a form with Forminator, however I am at a point where I cannot add any more fields.

When I try to add another and save it appears to work, and switching between the builder and settings seems to retain the new field. but it is not published to the frontend, well it is but only the input field and not the label or anything else.

Is there anything obvious you can see I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Jac

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Jack

    I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

    I'm not aware of any "hard-coded limits" of that kind in the plugin but it's possible that there's some "under the hood" reason for this. I'd like to take a closer look at it on your site, if you don't mind.

    Would you please enable support access for me so I could check it? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant Support Access" button there.

    Let me also know which form should I be checking (if there's more than one) and if there are any specific steps that I should follow to replicate this.

    Best regards,
    Adam

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi Jack,

    Thanks for granting access, I did some tests on your installation and I couldn't see anything there that would tell us what's causing the issue.
    So what I did is I installed our Snapshot plugin in order to export your form for further tests on our end ( I've cleaned up after myself :slight_smile: ) and I was actually able to replicate the same issue on my test installation, and in addition to that I actually got an error in console as well.

    It seems that the POST request is too large with the information in all fields and it's not able to save it.
    I have already reported this to our developers and included all the info from my tests so hopefully, we will have some good news about this soon.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi Jack,

    I was doing some additional tests with our developers as they were unable to replicate this on their sites and it turned out that the issue is due to the max_input_vars limit on my test site.
    It was set to 1000 and after increasing it to 3000 I was able to save the form properly.

    You can change this value by either adding this to .htaccess:
    php_value max_input_vars 3000
    Or this to php.ini file:
    max_input_vars = 3000
    If you're still unable to save the changes after that it would be best to get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to increase this value for you.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.