[Forminator Pro] convert field types inside forminator

It would be great if you could easily convert from one field type to another inside forminator. I havea form that has several subfields in it and I need to change it from a radio button type to a checkbox type while maintaining all the existing content.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi cornelius_butler

I hope you’re well today!

That sounds like an interesting idea but I got some doubts, I admit. The point is: there are different types of fields and some are, more or less, “compatible” while others are not.

For example: it should be relatively easy to convert between radio buttons and “select” (drop down) fields and even check-boxes; the same applies to text input (“input”:wink: and text area or “phone”, “e-mail”, “number” fields.

They are either close enough in their “nature” or they are the same and differentiated only by some attributes and/or validation rules.

But it won’t be simple to convert e.g. “textarea” into “timepicker” or “phone” into “post data”. These are extreme examples but I believe you got my point. In cases like these – the only way would be to actually remove given field and then add another one in that place.

So, I thing that in order to implement such “conversion” feature we should look into what fields could possibly/reliably be converted to other types and what types would that be – as a result giving a bit limited “conversion types” choice.

What do you think about that? Am I on a right track or do you think there’d be other way?

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.