[Forminator Pro] Few issues with forminator

Dear support team,

I’m using forminator for the first time, on a french website, and I’d like your feedback on a few issues I’m having.

1) How may I translate error messages ? (or update translation files).

As a general feedback, I’ll have you know that I find the whole WPMU plug-in translation quite difficult, you might want to consider improving it (I could provide a few suggestions, if you’re looking for user feedbacks)

2) The GDPR form field isn’t translated at all and I can’t manually edit the values.

3) At the moment, the field has a label called GDPR and the following sentence : “Yes, I agree with privacy policy, terms and condition”

I’d like to remove the “GDPR” label and only keep the other sentence (translated), because none of the users will know what GDPR means (which could be translated to RGPD in french, by the way :wink: )

4) The form builder doesn’t seem to allow custom colors for the GDPR sentence and the link it contains. I will use CSS, if need be, but I think you should add this as a customisation option.

5) The “behavior” and “email” tabs are empty.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Greg

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Greg

I hope you're having a nice day!

1) How may I translate error messages ? (or update translation files).

As a general feedback, I'll have you know that I find the whole WPMU plug-in translation quite difficult, you might want to consider improving it (I could provide a few suggestions, if you're looking for user feedbacks)

Our plugins are "translation-ready" and follow WP standards on this: translations are based on .po/.mo files and the strings are translated in the code using appropriate core WP functions. The translation system itself is a same GlotPress that's used by WordPress too. The difference is that those translations are available from our site only – with an exception of the plugins that are available for free form WP plugin repository. Such plugins are translated just like any other plugin there :wink: However, of course, I'm very keen to get all the feedback and suggestions on how we could improve that so please feel welcome to share all your ideas!

As for Forminator translation. You will find all the translations here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/forminator

Please note: most of these translations are "community powered" they might not be complete yet. You can add translations directly there or you can use PoEdit to work directly with downloaded translation files.

To apply translations to the site: select the language and then use the form at the bottom of the page to export .po and .mo files. It's best to put those files into the /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder.

Any other translation method (such as e.g. via Loco Translate plugin) that works with any regular WP plugin, should work here too.

That being said, there is a chance that some strings are currently "non-translatable" due to either some bug/typo in the code that we aren't aware of yet or because they're "hard coded" in the JS (which would have to be changed too, I believe) so if you come across any that you cannot translate via translation files, could you please list them for me so I could pass that info to our developers? I'd appreciate that a lot and thank you in advance!

2) The GDPR form field isn't translated at all and I can't manually edit the values.

That's a form field and it can be configured in a form builder. Once you add a "GDPR" field to the form, you can edit it and there's an option to set your own field label and description where you can put translated text or any message you wish:

You wrote that you can't "manually edit values". Does this mean that those options (as shown on images above) don't work for you? If so – they are not editable or they are not saving?

3) At the moment, the field has a label called GDPR and the following sentence : "Yes, I agree with privacy policy, terms and condition"

I'd like to remove the "GDPR" label and only keep the other sentence (translated), because none of the users will know what GDPR means (which could be translated to RGPD in french, by the way

Please see my response above. If those options are not working for you, let me know please if they are not editable for you or are not saving or perhaps there's some other unexpected behavior (some error message maybe?).

4) The form builder doesn't seem to allow custom colors for the GDPR sentence and the link it contains. I will use CSS, if need be, but I think you should add this as a customisation option.

There is no separate customization for GDPR specifically. Field label should follow settings from "Form Settings -> Appearance" page -> "Form design" section where there are settings for both colors and fonts.

However, in a form builder you can edit any field and in "Advanced" tab you can enable and add custom class to it. That's a CSS class that would be added to a relevant HTML element so it can then be further styled with custom CSS to suit your needs.

5) The "behavior" and "email" tabs are empty.

They shouldn't be and if that happens it means that there's some sort of a conflict either with a theme or with one of the plugins. Since I don't have an access to the site currently, I can't tell you if this is a known issue or now as I'm not aware what theme is used there and what plugins are active.

Would you mind granting me a support access so I could take a closer look and check this? To do so, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there.

Let me know once it's done, please, and I'll access the site and see if I can find a reason for this and if we already got a solution.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Greg
      • Syntax Hero

Actually, I just noticed another issue.

I have a fixed header, with a menu in it. when I scroll above the form, everything is fine except for the GDPR label that seems to have a higher z-index. However, I couldn't find where it is defined, in the CSS.

Raising the header's z-index didn't make it either.

I've granted support access.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.