[Forminator Pro] Form data returned to user, my client, me

Hi. In addition to all the things that Forminator Pro offers, I am going to assume that it offers the following basic features. Let me run a scenario:
-- I set up a form page for my client (in this case, an expert witness) who is looking to be hired as consultant by a law firm. The form itself has check boxes, radio buttons, text fields, and fields like name, address, email are required.
-- A potential client fills out the form, and gets immediate feedback on the web, e.g., " Thanks, you're information was received."
-- The potential client then receives an email with the form data he/she filled out.
-- My client receives an email with the form data the potential client has filled out.
-- I and/or any other email address I designate on behalf of my client, receives an email notification. In other words, I can set several notifications.
Just checking guys, but I need to know that Forminator Pro offers this basic functionality. Thanks for your help.
Rod Daynes

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Hi Rod

That's indeed a basic feature and definitely possible with Forminator. Following are the steps you can follow to create a form with the functionality you require:

1. I assume you already have created a new form and added the fields which you need in the fields tab and designed the form as per your requirement in the appearance tab.

2. Now, to show a thank you message to the potential client/visitor filling out the form, go to the "Behaviour" tab of your form and under the Submission Behaviour section, there is the first setting called "After submission". Make sure this setting is set to "Inline Message" and then enter the message you want to display to the potential client. Now, if you don't want this message to go away after few seconds, make sure "Auto-close success message " checkbox is unchecked which is used to auto-close the success message after few seconds.
    Here is the screenshot of how the setting should look:
    Edit: The screenshot didn't get uploaded here so I added the screenshot of this step in the next message. Please scroll down to check the 2nd message.

3. Now to send the form data submitted by the potential client to his/her email address, go to the "Email Notification" tab in your form and enable the Confirmation email option. Now in the recipients' input, choose the email field added to the form from the dropdown - this is to ensure the email is sent to the email address entered in this email field by the potential client. Now to send all the form data, you can either add each field in using the merged tag option (which is the first option in the email body text area) or use the first merged tag "All Submitted Fields" to add all the submitted fields into the email body. Refer to the screenshot below:

4. To send the email with all the form data to your client, you can use the Admin Email setting on the same tab i.e. Email Notifications. In the Recipients field, you can enter the email id of your client and add the multiple email address to which you wanna send this email. And again, to include all the form data in the email, use the first option (merged tags) in the email body text area to add all the fields data to the email. Refer to the screenshot below:

Make sure you save everything and your form should be ready. Let us know if you'd need any further information and you can contact our 24/7 support team in case you face any difficulties setting up your form.

Regards,
    Mukul Chawla

• Rod
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This is a great plugin, very well thought out. However, there's a pretty big hole in it vis a vis the form data reports to both the potential customer and me. I've used wufoo (wufoo.com) for a long time, and while being expensive with a cumbersome user interface, it provides reports that my clients appreciate, i.e., a "letter style," in which I can write a bit more as an intro, then supply the information that they filled in, i.e., "here's what you said...", and a place for me to sign the letter with my email and phone number.

Anyway, I'm looking to dump wufoo, and really want to use forminator as my goto form generator. This is to recommend a better, less terse, report style for both my clients and me.

Thanks for reading this, I hope it helps you think about how to improve an otherwise super WP plugin.

rod

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Hey Rod

Really appreciate your suggestion and as far as I understood your request, you can already do that. You can format the email content however you want i.e. You can add the intro text and then add the form data and add your signature (email and phone number ) at the end of the email. Please refer to the screenshot below for an example:

Note that the email starts with "Hey {name-1}" where {name-1} is the name field merged tag added to make the email more personalized for your customers. This will be replaced with whatever name your customer enters while submitting the form. You can use any individual form field in your email copy to make it more personalized.

Also, notice that I've added the sample introductory text in the email copy before the {all_fields} merged tag. You can fully customize the copy of your email. And, in the end, I've also added a signature with my name, email and phone no. (dummy data). You can similarly add your signature.

However, If I've misunderstood your request, please let us know. We are really keen to listen to your feedback and improve the Forminator.

Regards,
    Mukul Chawla

• Rod
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the explanation and especially the screenshot. This helps a lot. Do you have a full list of tags that I can use to customize thank you notes to prospective clients, e.g., {name-1}, {all_fields}, etc.?

rod

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Hey Rod

You can see the complete list of merged tags available for every form using the first option on the email body editor. Refer to this screenshot I shared earlier https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/?bb_attachments=1413651&bbat=132437&full

Notice the first option on the email content editor is the merged tags option. Clicking on it will show the available merged tags for a particular form. You can insert any of the merged tags to your form from that dropdown. It generally has, All Submitted Fields (which inserts all the fields submitted by the user at once), Individual form fields and some Form related fields such as - Date/Time of submission, user IP, Embedded page URL/Title, HTTP user agent, user id, user login or any custom value.

Let us know if you'd need any further help.

Regards,
    Mukul Chawla

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.