[Forminator Pro] Form loading performance Issues.

We’re having some performance issues with Forminator. It’s a quite calculation/conditional logic heavy form, however changing pages within the form causes Chrome to hang.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Threesides

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I checked both site and the form itself and it seems that’s a Forminator issue rather than anything specific to the site. I could fully replicate that behavior on my own test sites with that form exported, in Chrome and Firefox browsers.

The form is, indeed, very complex and quite big, using a lot of conditional logic and calculations and I’d say that it would be understandable if it was “just a bit slower” but it shouldn’t be blocking the browser. We’ll need some help from our developers in this case so I’ve already referred the case to them and asked them to check it.

They’ll investigate the issue so please keep an eye on this ticket and we’ll update you here as soon as we get more information.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Threesides ,

I’m afraid that we don’t have any good news yet, it seems that the number of calculations used in your form (over 70 calculations fields) is what’s “killing” the browser.
    Our devs are looking into it to see where exactly the cause is and how it can be handled and if we could provide a workaround or more in-depth change in plugin files will be needed.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Threesides ,

The fix for this issue is quite complex and it required a lot of changes so unfortunately it can’t be pulled out as a separate patch to be applied before release.

We do have a beta that is supposed to be released in test center really soon (hopefully today or tomorrow) but you can also download it now and test it out:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/up582v1fnqfyxqg/forminator-1.10.0-beta.zip?dl=0

Note: This is a beta version that is still ongoing testing so it’s not suggested to be used on production site but rather tested on staging site.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Threesides
      • New Recruit

Hi Predrag Dubajic ,

Thanks for sending this link through. I’ve been able to install it on our staging site. One item we’ve identified is that whilst the form now loads faster than before (~5 seconds compared to > 15min), fields are not calculating when their inputs are updated, only when the page changes.

Is there a way we can either fire the calculation manually via JS or ensure that calculations on the page are updated?

I’ve attached a screenshot of some of the calculated fields that use the adjacent input fields for input. (Number of Units Per Pallet * Number of Pallets Per Container = Units per Container (Palletised))

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.