[Forminator Pro] Form not sending email to user upon submission

A form in Forminator is sending email to the admin upon submission, but not sending one to the user which is set in the form email settings.
The issue seems to be specific to one form I created, as the emails go through in case of other forms. I'm not sure what to check/remove in this form to make this work.
I have tried removing my email template with a standard message, but that didn't make a difference.
I saw some warnings regarding Zapier in the debug log, so tried temporarily disabling the Zapier integration with the form, which didn't work as well. Please advice.

• Ash

Hello Ryan

Thanks for enabling support access. I was trying to check the form settings but when I visit the wp-admin, it redirects to the home page of the site. Is there any plugin that doesn't allow to visit the wp-admin even when I logged in as admin?

Would you please let me know how can I check the settings in admin? Also, share me an URL where I can see the form. The link I got from chat is showing 404 now. Otherwise, can I create a new page to test the form?

Please let me know. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Ryan

Hello Ash,

My apologies, yes, I moved the login page as we were getting hit pretty hard with automated brute force attacks.

https://www.droneascent.com/admin-portal

Also, needed a solution as this is a production site. I created a workaround by having Zapier send out the confirmation email when it triggers.

If you want to use the existing forms they can be found here:

https://www.droneascent.com/dpn/droneascent-sales-position/droneascent-sales-application/

https://www.droneascent.com/droneascent-pilot-application/

You will now get a confirmation email from these two forms, however, if you notice the originating email address is no-reply.okq3jy@zapiermail.com.

If you want to re-enable the sending of confirmation emails from Forminator on these for testing, that is fine. Theoretically, if they work properly you should then receive 2 confirmation emails.

Honestly, I like the solution I have now, as the Forminator email template area was doing some ugly things to the HTML email template I had created and Zapier has no such limitation.

Thank you,
    Ryan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ryan

I tried to check the forms but while I was able to access the site, the forms were not under the URL's that you shared. I assume that you moved them.

In that case I simply create a "Form Test" page and put forms there (I already removed that page). However, I encountered another problem that's a bit strange. For both forms I wasn't able to go past the "Professional References" screen because of phone number validation. Even though the number was added according to the example in placeholder and it wasn't returning validation errors "on the fly" - it did return them upon submission.

I could, of course, set these fields as non-required and my intention for testing the forms again would be to clone one of these forms and use cloned one with non-mandatory fields (those that I mentioned above) but I wanted first to make sure if you did noticed the issue too so if I would need to investigate it as well.

Let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Ryan

My apologies, yes I moved them. :slight_smile:

I did notice that the phone number validation was rather touchy. I ended up figuring out that putting certain numbers in certain positions would not validate. I was hoping that it was actually matching agains known phone number prefixes and area codes? 9999999999 works for testing, although I wish it would re-format in a standard configuration like (999)999-9999.

Also, since I posted my new forms I have gotten two reports of applicants getting a falseThere was an error saving the post data. Please try again messages when submitting. I saw some other people getting that error in the forums but no resolution was posted. Any ideas or should I open a separate ticket? This is kind of a critical operation for us. Thank you!!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ryan,

At the moment there's no check for known prefixes and area codes, but it's an interesting idea so I'll bring this up to our developers :slight_smile:
    For now, you can change placeholder to be (999) 999-9999 as that's also acceptable format and you will probably have more people submitting number in such format.

Also, since I posted my new forms I have gotten two reports of applicants getting a falseThere was an error saving the post data. Please try again messages when submitting. I saw some other people getting that error in the forums but no resolution was posted. Any ideas or should I open a separate ticket? This is kind of a critical operation for us. Thank you!!

I tried submitting a form and it worked fine for me on your site.
    Can you tell me if this issue was happening with Sales or Pilot form?
    Also, do you perhaps know which browser and OS were used by those members so we can try testing it in same conditions?
    If you could get this information and start a new ticket with that we could deal with it separately and figure out what's going on.
    Oh, could you perhaps also link the reports that you were looking at so we can check if it's related indeed?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.