[Forminator Pro] Forminator, E-Newsletter or Hustle for building subscriber-list?

Hi,
in the past I have used an external Newsletter Saas and would like to switch to WP.
On existing WP we use Formidable to provide a simple contact-form, but may switch to Forminator.
Now I wonder about how to setup our new newsletter-subscriber-list and haven't deeply checked the differences between Forminator, E-Newsletter and Hustle. I know that all 3 of them could potentially be used to build lists, but which one would you recommend?
Furthermore, the most important part of this evaluation is to hear if all three plugins fullfill the requirements of GDPR, e.g. regarding Double-Optin, Privacy-Checkbox etc...
Would be happy to hear from you.
Thank you and kind regards,
Sascha
PS: pls do not publish the "Website" I was forced to name here, thx

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello sushling

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'd go for Hustle personally. Let me explain :slight_smile:

The E-Newsletter plugin allows you to collect "subscribers" but it does that locally, meaning it does not integrate with any mailing provider (such as e.g. MailChimp etc). Everything happens within your site, locally, including sending mail (plugin can either use wp_mail() function for this or use STMP but still it's a "local engine"). It also does not create/send any "automated mailings" in that sense that you cannot create e.g. a series of mails that will be automatically sent to subscribers over defined periods of time. Instead you can create and send newsletters "on demand".

Hustle on the other hand was in fact created for building mailing lists. Starting from the variety of possible "opt in" ways - slide ins, popups, "in post" forms etc - ending at a huge list of 3rd-party mailing services providers that it integrates with. As for "double opt-in" and "confirmation checkboxes" - that's mostly a matter of what features the 3rd-party provider offers because you can edit form fields for gathering e-mail addresses.

The update bringing the "GDPR checkbox" is also "right around the corner" and will be rolled out at anytime, really soon.

Furthermore, Hustle can in fact integrate also with E-newsletter.

Then, there's Forminator. Any "confirmation checkboxes" is not an issue with Forminator because there's already an option to simply add a checkbox-type filed (or any number of them) with any label you wish. However, Forminator doesn't (yet) include any integrations with mailing service providers. We're working on integrating MailChimp first but I"m not able to give you an ETA on this. As for now, I'd rather use it for contact forms, forms that are supposed to collect "one time data" (e.g. pricing quotes etc) or building some polls/quizzes for your site :slight_smile:

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.