[Forminator Pro] Forminator Pro 1.7 = Messed Up Forms!

Since updating to Forminator Pro 1.7 all my forms on this site are messed up, particularly where I'm using standard input fields (not date, name, etc) or text area fields.

• Mohmmad Sharab
    • Staff

Hello Punch Design,

hope you are well and in a good spirit.

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my test site using Forminator Pro 1.7.0. Also, I couldn’t find users reporting the same issue with Forminator Pro 1.7.0.

That said, this issue could be due to a plugin/theme conflict. Could you please proceed with a conflict test? First, create a recent backup in case you lose any settings during the test and have to restore to a previous working state.

Then deactivate all plugins and MU-plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard and Forminator, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen, clear all caches and check again if the issue is still there. If not, it means that something is conflicting, so start activating the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, checking every time for the reported issue, until you reproduce the issue, thus finding the conflicted combination. The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If this is a live website with traffic, I'd rather advise creating a staging environment meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, and perform the test in there instead without worrying about the live site. Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Punch Design
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Mohammad, thanks for your reply. I will try on a clean WP install and get back to you. Incidentally, I've just tried on another site using the same theme and it appears to be the 'Input' field that is causing issues. It's now displaying as full width on the right, where as the other input types (e.g. name, phone, email) are nicely formatted. See attached.

Dale

• Punch Design
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Mohammed,

The theme developer has investigated and commented that it's not a conflict with the theme. They have suggested it might be a plugin issue and so I disabled all the plugins on the site, but it was still the same issue.

I have also found a second site with a different theme where this exact same issue is happening. I've tried the same troubleshooting steps.

On both sites, reverting to one of the 'standard' WP themes does not show this issue. However, I'm not using standard themes.

The forms on BOTH sites were fine before the 1.7 update, so something must have changed from 1.6.

Is there any CSS tweaks I could add to resolve the issue? It's something to do with the width or max-width properties, I think.

Dale

• Mohmmad Sharab
    • Staff

Hello Dale,

hope you are doing great today and thanks for the update.

I’ve tested Forminator again on a site that uses an advanced theme “not standard” and more than 20 plugins. I can see that the Forminator form is displayed with not style issues as illustrated in the following screenshot.

However, we would like to investigate this further so we could help you solve this issue. Could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access page and click on the "grant support access" button. Check the attached screenshot for more details.

We are standing by to provide you with further assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.