[Forminator Pro] Forminator Questions, Form to Private backend Portal (customer portal)

Have a scenario that I'm trying to set up. I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up a form for my client who has employees that fill out a form (event recap) and then it gets posted somewhere where there are a username and password created for their specific client. What's the best way to do this. It needs to be secure and only viewable to the prospects.

Another issue is how to display this data to the client. If they want to see it on a page, so translating the submitted content to a post, because the form will also contain photos as well.

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

This certainly isn't the answer, but...

For the user account, you could set their email to also be their new username. WordPress, by default, would send them a welcome email. That'd have a temporary password and they'd reset it upon first login.

The submission could potentially create a draft post, that they'd be able to see, edit and review upon login.

If forminator can't pull it all off (although it most likely can), ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) can easily handle those other steps. You should be able to integrate ACF directly into the form.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Anthony

There are custom registration forms coming to the Forminator in the future so I think that would cover your needs as you could create such form - with all the additional fields - and that would automatically also create a user account.

As of now, registration is not yet supported so that would either have to be a "two step process" (first user registers and then fills in the form) or would have to be custom developed. There's an API in Forminator that could be used for this (as well as for displaying submitted data):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/forminator-api-docs/

splaquet is also right, in my opinion, about the posts. Forminator already includes a type of field that is letting you create a post out of submission so that could be useful here too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.