[Forminator Pro] Forminator Stripe

Please make the Credit card field to be required. Users are able to submit the form without entering credit card details.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Nathan

I hope you’re well today!

The plugin should not allow you to submit the form without card number provided. There’s also a core Stripe validation that works regardless of any other validation settings and it should not let you submit empty or not-full credit card number.

If it does allow you to do this, there’s either something (most likely some conflict) that’s breaking that validation on the site or there’s some specific setting that causes the glitch that we’re not yet aware of.

This needs to be checked as it’s not something that should be happening by default. That being said, I’d like to take a closer look at the case and check the issue so would you please:

– enable support access to the site in question for me?

To do this, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> support -> support access” page in site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there, then let me know here once it’s done

– point me to the specific form on your site and page on the site where this form is displayed?

I’ll investigate the issue to find out why it’s allowing such submission and how to fix it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Nathan
    • Getting there

Maybe I worded it wrong. I guess the form does not actually ‘submit’. It just shows in stripe as an incomplete charge due to no card number, but does not show as a form entry. This may be an issue in conjunction with my other issue:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/forminator-pro-forminator-pagination-not-working/

Maybe this would be more better in the support forum and not feature request lol. Oops :slight_frown:

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Hi Nathan

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Actually, that’s how the new Payment Intent API is set up in Forminator. To work with the new Stripe API, we have to first create a payment intent before capturing a fund and Forminator is actually creating a dummy $1 payment intent as soon as form loads and later while submitting the form, we update the amount with the actual amount to be charged and then capture the charge. So, for every visit on the page (which has a form with Stripe), a dummy payment intent is being created and since not every visitor will end up using the form and paying, you see those $1 payment intents as incomplete on your Stripe dashboard. So it’s not an issue with Stripe field not being required. Stripe is required and no submissions will pass through without making a payment.

We are actually improving the way we create payment intent. A hot-fix for this will soon be released (hopefully today or tomorrow) which will create the payment intent only when someone tries to submit the form because that’s the point when we are sure that visitor is intending to pay x amount. For now, you can actually use the Stripe’s filter to see the successful payments only and as soon as a fix is released, you can update and everything should be fine.

We really apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Please keep an eye on the hot-fix release.

Regards,
    Mukul Chawla

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.