[Forminator Pro] Generate unique meta_key

Hi Support-Team,

is it possible to change / modify the meta_key? It is very hard to map the select-1 to select-n form fileds to our needs. Especially by picking the fields in the E-Mail dialog.

What i was thinking about is something like that:
select-{unique-name} which i can set by my own.
I tested to overwrite the settings in the database, without success.
Looking forward hearing from you.
Best regards, Chris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Christian,

hope you're doing good today and really appreciate the request here! :slight_smile:

As this would require some coding on the plugin most probably and we won't be able to accomplish that with any workaround, I've already forwarded this to Forminator's devs and designers so they can further investigate it. If there's going to be any development, like a hotfix or adding this into the plugin's pipeline, or we'll keep you posted.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Christian,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

With the latest Forminator update, when selecting fields in email messages, there's a format like field-type field-name.

I'm wondering if this is working well for you, if not, could you please elaborate a bit more on what exactly troubles you?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Christian
    • New Recruit

Hi Dimitris,

please excuse my very long delay. Thank you for answering my questions. One good point, after updating forminator, I am able to use all_fields also in the second (user) email body. Before the update this snippet was send in clear text with brackets :slight_smile:

The field-name and field-value is exactly what I am looking for. Please let me test it and will contact you again with my results.

Best regards, Chris

• Christian
    • New Recruit

Hello Dimitris,

all_fields works fine, but the field-name, field-value is not working. What I can pick is the field-value. What I need is both, or even more. Like:

Label => Question 1
    Select => Answer 1 = 10, Answer 2 = 20 Answer 3 = 30

In the email:
    {label-x} => Question 1
    {select-x-name} => Answer X
    {select-x-value} => Value X

Does that make sence to you?
    Regards, Chris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Christian,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

This makes total sense, it's something that's not currently supported though, as we only populate values with these macros, rather than labels, which have to be manually entered in the email content.
    Despite that, I've shared this with our developers and designers, as this would also require a UI update if implemented. Will keep you posted here about any feedback!

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.