[Forminator Pro] How to Customise Poll Results

How do I customise the poll results in Forminator Pro? I can format the questions, which is great, but when the results are displayed it looks awful.

• damyang

Hello!
    The first thing my customer and me observed the moment after testing the 1st Poll was this "result look" or appearance. Why Results look defaults to black backgroud which is in total contrast to Poll page (white backgroud vs. black backgroud) - that's not expected nor logical for me.

And there's a lot of options to be able to customize The poll, which is great, but no options for Results look - yet. Punch Design user above mentioned some suggestions what control over Result page we should have... I would like to add 'background color'.

It's been more than half year since last post. thank you!

EDIT 1
    After reviewing Appearance options, I didn't find such settings as I mentioned above. But after reviewing customer's settings, I've found out that there were some custom color settings set. I switched to Default and now the Results are 'normal' on white background, which is fine. I am sorry. I will play with settings some more and provide 'EDIT2' :slight_smile:

EDIT 2
    Based on further observations, Poll takes settings from Appearanace settings, except if None is selected in Design Style - than it takes settings from Theme's CSS. On the other hand as I see it now, Results always take settings from Theme's CSS, correct me wrong pls...

Customer's issue with black Results background is based on Theme's CSS, since the Poll is located in Footer and Footer's background is black.

I don't know why I've seen Result on white background only for one time, right after changing Appearanace Color settings to Default (from Custom) and that one time was enough for me to write EDIT 1 above. But after clicking on it for many times more, it switched back to black no matter the settings, so here we are in EDIT 2.

EDIT 3 :slight_smile:
    So I am back to beginning. Please, we need Poll Results Apearance settings for:
    - Font Color
    - Background Color
    - Chart Color
    - Spacing

• Nithin

Hi damyang,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Customer's issue with black Results background is based on Theme's CSS, since the Poll is located in Footer and Footer's background is black.

Yes, you are right. That's how it works by default at the moment, by default the only out of the box background colour you'll notice that could be set is the "Container":

I wasn't able to replicate any issue with once the "Container" colour is set, it seems to work fine every time when tested.

So I am back to beginning. Please, we need Poll Results Apearance settings for:
    - Font Color
    - Background Color
    - Chart Color
    - Spacing

I do see such a feature in the plugin side specifically for results would be really handy. At the moment, I'm afraid, it'll require custom CSS to achieve this.

I'll make sure your suggestions are also brought into our developer's attention, so they could look further in implementing this down the roadmap.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi damyang,

I could notice what you meant, changing the container colour mentioned is more of a workaround. At the moment it'll require custom CSS to change the text colours as shared in your screenshot. You can try the following CSS to customize those:

#forminator-chart-poll-forminator-module-17088-0 > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > svg > g:nth-child(2) > g:nth-child(4) > g:nth-child(4) > text {
    	fill: white;
    }

#forminator-chart-poll-forminator-module-17088-0 > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > svg > g:nth-child(2) > g:nth-child(4) > g:nth-child(5) > text {
    }

#forminator-chart-poll-forminator-module-17088-0 > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > svg > g:nth-child(2) > g:nth-child(4) > g:nth-child(1) > text, #forminator-chart-poll-forminator-module-17088-0 > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > svg > g:nth-child(2) > g:nth-child(4) > g:nth-child(2) > text, #forminator-chart-poll-forminator-module-17088-0 > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > svg > g:nth-child(2) > g:nth-child(4) > g:nth-child(3) > text {
    }

You can add the CSS via the default WordPress customizer, under Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

As this ticket is more related to Feature Request. If you still have further CSS query, would appreciate you open a new chat regarding this so that we could help you further.

Regards,
    Nithin

• damyang

Hi Nithin,

thank you for Additional CSS code. It should have been helpful, but this theme (Gridlove) is just too stuborn and it didn't help. Even if I've put this code to its settings for additional css (not only in Wordpress settings). I hope it might be usefull for somebody else.

But all of this doesn't matter anymore, since I decided to try finding another way around this issue - imlement new part of the page, not in the footer, which will have white background and whole width of the page available and everything will be fine using default settings.

Oh, I didn't provide feedback in one of last posts regarding workaround using Container Background color - that didn't work as well, obviously :slight_smile: But it was a great shot! This theme just doesn't want to play along :slight_smile:

Thanks again and cheers!
    Damjan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.