[Forminator Pro] Localization of Input Type File

Hello,

We have a form built with Forminator Pro where I'd like to localize.
Right now it's always showing "Choose File" and the default message of "File does not exist" next to it on a newly opened form.

Is it possible to localize both the text on the button as well as the status/error handling message?

Thanks,
Edy

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Edy

I can see "Choose File" text is translatable and the text is in the po file that comes with the plugin. Which language you are using? And how are you using the localization? Did you use our translation project from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/forminator/ ?

I can't see the text "File does not exist", definitely I am missing something. Would you please post a full page screenshot when the text appears?

Please let us know about these. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Edy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ash,

Thanks for your pointer.

The text next to "Choose File" button is actually "No file chosen"; sorry about the incorrectness of the actual text.

We have forms in JP, ES, IT, FR and DE that need localization for the button string and related error handling messages when input type = file (ie. uploading file).
    Each language version has its own form so that would make each localization setting simpler I supposed.

I'm attaching the JP version here for your reference.

I'll pass this information to my developer with regards to text in the po file.
    In the meantime, if there is any other helpful pointer please let us know.

As well, I'm wondering if you have the list of strings associated with input type= file.
    If I can help to complete them in JP, ES, IT, FR and DE I'll try to help out.
    Hopefully that could enable us to have complete localization for our forms as well as making contribution to the community.

Thank you,
    Edy

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Edy,

We have forms in JP, ES, IT, FR and DE that need localization for the button string and related error handling messages when input type = file (ie. uploading file).

The default text would be:
    This field is required. Please upload a file

As well, I'm wondering if you have the list of strings associated with input type= file.
    If I can help to complete them in JP, ES, IT, FR and DE I'll try to help out.
    Hopefully that could enable us to have complete localization for our forms as well as making contribution to the community.

You can find all the translation strings in the plugin side, under /wp-content/forminator/languages/forminator.pot file.

To find strings specific to upload field, just search the file for upload.php, which should help in finding all the related strings.

However the strings "Choose File", and "No file chosen" are declared in general in mentioned pot file, and I gave a quick test, and could the strings are translated without any issue.

Please do check, and let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.