Forminator Pro not sending the confirmation email to the user.

Forminator Pro not sending the confirmation email to the user. But admin email is working just fine. Please help.

• viobru
    • Support

Hi, Thomas Sorensen!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

We are really sorry for the inconvenience that this might be causing you. I checked this on my testing site and I was able to replicate the issue, so this seems to be a bug of the latest version of the plugin, thanks for pointing this up.

I already pinged my teammates from SLS asking them to check this, so hopefully they will soon provide a fix for this. We will post any update regarding this on this ticket.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Thomas Sorensen !

I've checked this issue but couldn't replicate on my various websites.

I have added a new form and page on your site ( the page is private so it's not visible to public ) named test_wpmudev. I've added myself as a receiver of the e-mails for testing purposes. Unfortunately I didn't receive any of the e-mails ( not even as an admin ) and from the current tests it seems that the wp_mail() function isn't contacting the server properly or the server is stopping the e-mails from going out.

To test this further I'd like to have server access if possible so I can test some custom mails and see if they're delivered properly by your server.

You can send me the information needed privately through our contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL:

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

I'll inform you when I'm done and remove any extra plugins/forms/pages that I might have created while testing of course.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Thomas Sorensen ,

I've made some tests via customly invoking the wp_mail() function and via plugins.

You will find Postman SMTP in your WordPress that keeps a log from the e-mails.

First of all WordPress didn't had any access of editing or contacting the server probably due to permissions errors so I added the define( 'FS_METHOD', 'direct' ); into your wp-config.php.

In any case the server seems to not be accepting any connections as wp_mail() always returns a connection refused message so it's unable to send any emails.

I'd suggest to contact your hosting provider and ask them why this might be happening or use a 3rd party e-mail server like Google for example to handle your mails ( you can do that via Postman as well if you wish. ).

Please inform me if you've contacted your host and what the reply was to see if I could be of further help.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

I had this same issue and my solution was a simple one.
    The Subject line in the user confirmation email was blank and no confirmation was received.
    Putting something in the subject line solved it for me.
    No idea why, but it's working !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.