[Forminator Pro] real time verification of addresses

Hi,
Can you please add the ability of forminator to real time verify addresses that are entered to make sure they are correct?

• Nastia

Hello cornelius_butler

I trust you're doing well!

The real-time verify addresses are mostly used for commercial companies that shipping goods. Even though the Forminator is a form plugin it is possible to add this feature. I've forwarded your request to out developers :slight_smile:

If you're using the Woocomerce plugin for selling good, please consider trying these plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-address-validation/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/address-validation-woocommerce/

Have a good day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Tony G

Address verification can be horrible. Most if it depends on the service. One of the top standards in the USA is Melissa Data. We had a guy on staff who spent months verifying and correcting data that was pre-processed by MD services. "So just use another service, duh!" You only know that you have a problem when you're in the thick of it. And it's not just the service, they source their data from various places, sometimes the same place, so your chance of getting the same bad data from two sources is quite high. I'm a firm believer that over time these services will mature, and that some services in some areas are better than others in other areas - and with specific types of applications.

What I'm saying is that I strongly believe linking in to one of these services is quite likely to be problematic. Will WPMU DEV support numerous APIs for different companies around the world? I think/hope not. There are too many that are too different. It's not like Slack, MailChimp, Email, or some other global standard. I seriously believe that if WPMU DEV created an addon for any address service, that it would forever bear the burden of having to answer for service-oriented issues. That would be a huge resource drain.

IMO, the better option is to encourage people to create their own addons, which will be good for the entire member base. Or simply document the hooks that could be used in a site-specific plugin: Retrieves desired fields and pass them to a plugin. That code, completely independent of WPMU DEV can do whatever it wants to do to get locale-specific data. On another hook, the data can be returned to the form, prior to submission. Note the asynchronous nature of that transaction which doesn't hang up the user session while it's in progress.

My theme here is consistent - the more addons that WPMU DEV creates, the more staff is required to maintain that code, and that hampers the ability to do other things. But add extensibility, help people to use it, market the awesome extensibility of the platform - and you'll get a lot more addons from the field without the burden of supporting every service and API version on your own. Stated another way : "Give a web developer a fish and they will eat for a day, but give them a good fishing pole and they'll eat whatever kind of fish they want for a lifetime." :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.