[Forminator Pro] Use "pages" or "sections" <3

I'm trying to switch from Gravity Forms to Forminator Pro.
In GF I use a great feature that is the "section" or "page".

It's like a form in the form.

With this I can have a first dropdown like "Why do you contact us ?"
And regarding what the user puts here it shows a different section, and always add the last section that is about contacts.

Then I have conditionnals notifications like : "If this is checked, send a notification to that destination" etc.

Would be amazing :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Guigro

I hope you're having a nice day!

There is already a pagination in Forminator (there's a "field" called "pagination" that would let you split form to separate pages) though it's not that advanced - it's a simple paging (splitting longer form into multiple pages).

However, there's also a conditional logic already built-in. For each field you can enable conditional login in "Advanced" settings section of the field. Then you can actually set conditions, like for example "show this field only if field X has value of Y" - that can be applied to multiple fields at once so you can build quite a complex forms this way.

There's going to be field grouping introduced with Forminator 1.6 too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Guigro
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

OMG this is like a very PRO to switch quickly to Forminator all my websites !
    Is there also a multiple Notifications possible ? (I have to admit that I'm asking without checking... very bad I know).

Also, we're looking to track conversion from people filling the form (for specific kind of).
    For now with Gravity Form I have validation message different regarding the first field, and for Professional that fills the form I redirect them to a page with a tracker. It's not perfect but not so bad.

In fact here is how we manage forms on our website :
    Only 1 MEGA form.
    First field is "Why do you contact us"
    This field makes appears or not different "sections" of pagination
    At the end of the form, a group is always displayed : the "Your information" so we can contact people.

Then regarding the first field we have different notification sent to our ticketing system, or to a specific mail address, etc.
    We need to track some of these.

+ we add the form to different pages, for example on our "Professional services" page, we add the same form but we hide the first field and set it to "I'm a professional, I need a quote" so it displays only what we need ^^

If all this is possible, I would fall even more in love with WPMU (as I said I'm switching all my websites to use most WPMU plugins as possible).

Last question : do you have a little more info about the release of Forminator 1.6 ? The roadmap says end of October :slight_smile:

I think my reply is redundant as I'm repeating myself, but it was necessary to explain it all :p

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Guigro

I actually didn't notice that the roadmap says "end of October" but you're right, it does say that. However, these are "estimated" times mostly and sometimes there might be delays. I'm not able to give an exact date but I believe it should be coming up relatively soon and we shouldn't be waiting for too long.

As for notifications. When you go to "Form Settings" for any form that you created, there is "Emails" section there. In this section you can set whether the notification should be sent to user (who submitted the form) or not and if it should be sent to site admin(s) or not.

In both cases you can customize the notification content (separately for user and admin(s)), including using placeholders there that would be replaced with actual submission content (so e.g. placeholder for a "name" form field which will then be replaced with the name that submitting user put there in the form).

That would make only "two notifications" but in the "admin(s)" notifications you also got "Add email recipient(s)" option where you can specify more than one e-mail address - so the "admin(s)" notification can indeed be sent to multiple addresses.

However, and that's a bit different story, while there is a conditional logic that applies to fields that you can use to build really complex forms, there's no conditional logic if it comes to notifications. In that sense that you cannot e.g. "send this notification if these fields are filled in" and "send other notifications to other people of those other fields are filled-in" and so on. That's something that's not supported

But. But is that there's an API for Forminator (take a look here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/forminator-api-docs/) so you can create your own extensions. Such extension could, for example, grab values of specific fields upon submission and send notifications based on this. That'd be a custom coding but should be possible.

There's also an option to add Zapier integration so that could also probably be used to create multiple notifications I assume - if not directly, then via other Zapier integrations being triggered by webhook used with Forminator form. But I admit I'm not that familiar with Zapier to give you a detailed guide on such a "complex conditional integration".

Finally, about "we add the form to different pages" part - I think this is something that is much different here. Unless you'd use some custom code that would require using different forms as the conditional logic applies to fields but wouldn't "manage" fields based on "page/content context".

I hope I didn't miss anything but if I did, let me know please :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Guigro
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam !

Well that's a very complete answer ! A very good start ! I'll wait the update of Forminator and then see how I can manage my things, perhaps I'll separate my form in two forms or something like that.

Thanks a lot ! I'll post updates here if I thin about it :slight_smile:

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Guigro

Hope you are doing well.

I would like to update the thread, we released our Forminator Pro 1.6, it comes with a lot of improvements and a Brand new form wizard UI/UX, the developers still working to release more improvements for this new version, but it is already amazing :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.